Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB Ports not working

• 06-11-2006 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For some reason the USB ports on my laptop have suddenly stopped working. When I plug something in the computer just doesn't pick anything up. Anybody have any ideas about what might be wrong and how I should go about fixing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

it could be one off two things first go into the BIOS ..when you power on the laptop press F2 or DELETE depending on your laptop and run through the settings in maybe under the likes of intergrated devices or something on the style of that and see if they are enabled
    second thing could be you may have uninstalled the drivers by mistake .so to fix this go into your desktop and right click on the my computer icon and click on properties and then click on the hardware tab and then the device manager and go down to the end and click on univseral serial bus controllers and right click to get the properites and reinstall the driver ..also if you have only installed XP SP2 this can send ur usb of the ward till its updated try these first and see how you go
    if there is no joy it maybe an internal problem which is almost impossible to fix unless you know ur way around laptop motherboards

keep us updated how you get on

THE DUb ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Cheers dvd, I tried the my computer, properties, hardware tab route, and found the universal serial bus controllers. There were about ten of the little usb symbol things, and one of them had a red 'x' over it, so I right clicked on that and hit 'enable' and they're working now. Thanks a million for that, it was really getting on my nerves!

Advertisement