Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Express Train?

Options
  • 06-11-2006 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

They run a steam train somewhere at christmas. Anyone ever been on it, know what they do etc? I think it goes to Maynooth and back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Unforuntantely you'd have had to got tickets for this way back in August as its pretty much all sold out now.

I took my 2 kids on it last year, it goes from Pearse st to Maynooth and operates about 3-4 times a day (pre-purchased ticket only) and was about 15e for an adult and 10e for a child - kids get a selection box, adults free (alcoholic!) drink or coffee and mince pie. Then santa comes along the train (complete with a band) and meets all the kids.

It was very good much better than your normal run of the mill santy experience. Its run by the RPSI (Rail preservation society of Ireland) and if you can tickets would definitly reccommend it but think its too late for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Dang I meant to do this ages ago but it just slipped my mind with everything else going on. Looks brilliant, I'll have to remember to do it for next year. For anyone else the website is here. If you are in the North theres some tickets up there. Its just the Dublin ones that have run out.

http://www.rpsi-online.org/events/#broomstick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I went on this last year - great for the kids and the novelty of steam train seems to to go down well with kids and parents alike. Lots of people there with no kids too. I'm going again this year - got tickets in July ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Thanks :) Can you put your name down for cancellations I wonder.

Advertisement