Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fergie mobile phone ad

Options
  • 06-11-2006 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

just watched the new Fergie video and was none to shocked to discover that its not actually music but this production in particular really annoyed me. Simply put its a mobile phone ad and nothing more. They actually have a sample of a recording of the device incorporated into the song. Most bizarre "musical experience" I've ever had.

How does the music industry support such absolute crap? Is artistic credibility not worth anything anymore, its almost as if this song was written to advertise this phone and its motives hidden underneath this scantily clad f-e-r-g-i-l-i-c-i-o-u-s foolhead whatever that means.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

This sounds kinda cool actually, where can I buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pokypoky

I refuse to do publicity work for this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I came across this phenomenon on holidays this summer... I reckon 95% (or an equally absurdly high percentage) of rap or r'n'b videos that come out now have at least one close up of a mobile phone. Its disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

product plaement has been rampant in rap for the last few years, how many videos have had rolexs flashed at the camera, hummer and escalades driven slowly through scenes and various games machines being played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pokypoky

yeah I know its been around for years but in the past I could ignore it, the placement didnt interfere to such an extent that the "music" was influenced to assist advertising considerations.

To me this video is simply an advert and nothing more and I find it shocking that Fergie and the media machinery that generates her image can pass this off as music to be bought for real money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement