Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?????cannot Reach Gateway??????

Options
  • 06-11-2006 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hello every1

can please someone help. my BB connection keeps stopping saying that couldn t reach the gateway im connected to eircom BB wired ,but if i change from port 1 to 2 on the modem everything is fine the problem is i already went tru the 4 ethernet ports that on the modem and i cant connect to them again cos i keep getting that error. Now if i use my laptop wireless connection i have no problems.
    i run PC doctor and it says my ethernet port is fine so must be the modem.
    Any ideas???

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

This is an excellent example of how NOT to ask a question on a busy board. You haven't given any specific information, like the exact text of the error message that you received, the circumstances in which the error occurs, or the make and model of the hardware involved, that might help people reading your question diagnose the problem and suggest a solution.

This is a busy board, and if a question doesn't get a response in a couple of hours, it'll usually be lost in the noise. If your problem is common, and happening all the time, someone will recognize it, no matter how poorly worded the question, and give you an answer quickly. If the problem is unusual, then a poorly worded question that doesn't properly describe the problem will be ignored.

Help us to help you. Read your own question again and ask yourself - would you waste your time trying to answer that question? What additional information do you have that could make your question easier to recognize and answer for anyone who might be able to help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You may have incorrect settings on your PC ethernet interface or on the Firewall/NAT setup on your modem.

It's VERY unlikely what you describe is a Modem fault.

Advertisement