Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binary Tattoo

Options
  • 06-11-2006 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one for you lads, over the last while i've been playing with the idea of a design made up from binary that i've been wanting to get tattood on my calf area.
    I was just thinking recently though seeing as the actualy binary numbers themselves are small enough would they be likely to loose their shape and "smear" bit after a few years.
    If I go with a binary design the numbers would really need to keep a crisp edge otherwise it would just look ridiculous.
    I havent actually talked to my artist about it yet, I was just looking for a bit of quick feedback before I took the idea further.
    Thanks.

Comments

I think its a very cool idea, like get an actual word and convert it to binary or whatever :D

Id say just dont get it too small or it would look crap and smudge!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

You got it in one, its actually a quote/saying, at the moment i'm trying to make a design out of it to bring to my tattooist, its fairly tough for me though 'cos I cant draw to save my life.

Although I am having thoughts of just getting the binary spiraling around my calf altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Have a look at the geek tattoo section on www.bmezine.com for examples of binary tattoos, it'll give you an idea of what to expect.

Thanks for that Blub2k4, thats what I was looking for. Would it look ridiculous however to have a design made up of binary ?

Lets say for example, a star of something made up of 1's and 0's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Tattoos are only riciculous/crap/good, really if they're on your skin and you think they are any of those things, otherwise.......

• Advertisement

Oh no, I understand that I meant in relation to the actual clarity of the image.

As in would it look like a design from a distance and only when you got closer you would see it made up of binary.

I suppose its probably down to the ability of the tattooist at the end of the day though.

Advertisement