Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on changing a battery

Options
  • 06-11-2006 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This may seem a silly, simple thing to ye, but was looking for advice on changing the battery on my '99 Nissan Almera.

Read up on the standard procedure of removing and re-connecting the wires in the right order, but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Does changing the battery disrupt any of the electrics? The only thing I can think of is the radio, but I don't think it has a security code (original, first day Philips).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Hi,

This may seem a silly, simple thing to ye, but was looking for advice on changing the battery on my '99 Nissan Almera.

Read up on the standard procedure of removing and re-connecting the wires in the right order, but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Does changing the battery disrupt any of the electrics? The only thing I can think of is the radio, but I don't think it has a security code (original, first day Philips).

Thanks.
    Don't know if it still can happen, but I once reconnected a battery with the keys in the ignition and the doors closed - central locking shut everything down :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I did that before once when servicing my last car. I was lucky enough to have not fully closed the drivers door so I managed to get a coathook down and got it open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks for that tip lads, i'll keep it in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

If you have an alarm, it coudl certainly prove a problem as they re-arm, or set off the harn, just as you make the connection. No fun having your ears blown out by an over eager alarm system.

apart from that and the radio and any auto seat/mirror settings being lost there is no problem.

Remember the ground connection is first off and last on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Your alarm/remote fob might need re-syncing... Check how this is done (Normally just press the buttons a few times but check to be sure)

Also, your radio code will need to be entered. Make sure that you have the code or else no more radio!

• Advertisement
Advertisement