Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blistered formica counter-top

• 06-11-2006 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Looking for any suggestions for how to fix / improve appearance of a blistered formica couter-top.

Mrs Bowsie put a hot frying pan onto the counter for a few seconds, and when removed, it left a ring of blisters in the counter.

Any suggestions on what to do ? I doubt it can be repaired, and personally think we should put one of those glass-type cutting boards on top of it to prevent a further re-occurence and protect the blisters from being burst.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

So no relpy here, dont suppose any point in me asking for same advise then??!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

I've got exactly the same problem.

Any advice from someone who has done this before would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I've got exactly the same problem.

Any advice from someone who has done this before would be appreciated.

The only think I can think of is drill a tiny hole in the blister get a needle and inject some contact adhesive into it and then put weight over the blister and hopefully it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

One solution would be to get a tile or a piece of hardwood, the size of a chopping board or there abouts, then route out the damaged area and set whichever material you choose into the worktop.
    Then you can use this to chop on or put very hot pots on without damaging the worktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I had a similar problem with a counter top - did the same as galwaydude - got rid of the blister but the discolouration was always there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

The low price point of formica tops means they really need replacement if they get damaged

Advertisement