Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Fish Shops in Dublin and surrounding area??

• 06-11-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just moved to Co Kildare and miss our old near neighbours Co Wexford for fresh fish..used to do a run every month or so and stock up. Need to find a new place to buy good, fresh, reasonably priced fish in Dublin really I guess? Any suggestions where to go? Many supermarkets etc around us stock fish but it's never as good as the real deal from a good fresh fishmongers! Please give me some names of places we should try in Dublin or surrounding areas?
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Wrights of Howth are fairly well known, and have a good reputation.

I think they have a few shops around but I can't think of the locations at the moment - apart from Howth of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Most the places in Dublin are expensive. I find the most reasonable is the place in Baggot St oppposite Toners. There's a place off Grafton Street as well but since they tried to charge me 18 euro for two swordfish steaks I haven't been back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's always the place at the end of the pier in Dun Laoghaire if that's a help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I like the place on Baggot St. too the South African lady there is very helpful too and will give you recipes, tips, preparation hints, that's what you need if you are unfamiliar with the species you are buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Kish's fish wholesaler, but they sell to the public...near the fruit market in D7
    Fantastic place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

i have to recommend naas farmer's market every saturday (get there early, good stuff runs out of the place)
    the fish monger there is a joy to deal with and the you wont find fault with the quality.
    i promise.

i'll post directions if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks all for brill suggestions. We travelled to our old haunt and best place we know of for fish last weekend....Meylers in Wexford town and stocked up the freezer.

Living near Naas thanks Catho monster, just moved here and have yet to check out the market. Will def have to go now.

Other suggestions were great too.

Advertisement