Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recruitment agencies - name, shame (and praise)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 now now

Seems This agency have not changed, keep well away

• Registered Users Posts: 2 now now

Have been looking for a new job for a wile. Have delt with most agencies in Dublin. Next Generation Recruitment are the worst, keep well away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Some recruiters are very dodgy. there are some banking and finance roles for graduates which the positions are for BOI.

AFAIK interview dates are already over but most recruiter like CPL executive connections still have the jobs on their webpage.

also on the job description, you need no experience but when I call its always we dont deal with anyone that has no experience like wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Had a bad experience with Orange recently and would certainly not recommend them.

Met the recruiter regarding a role and all seemed good, really interesting role (In a non interesting industry :) ) and he said he'd send me on to the manager and get back to me the following Monday.

1 month and 4 emails from me later and still no word back from the recruiter. Poor form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

@Bomber007, your post has been deleted. This is not the place to post correspondence and accuse a company of fraud. Please seek professional legal advice.

• Advertisement

Bomber007 banned; thread cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

I can confirm all agencies are the same really - I've had to deal with them on both sides - I work in HR and I've applied for jobs.

Is there anyone regulating them? Or is there anyone to complain too?

Like I know they often advertise jobs that don't exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Afaik there is some form of self regulation body I think the name of it is the national recruitment federation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭whatnext

I can confirm all agencies are the same really - I've had to deal with them on both sides - I work in HR and I've applied for jobs.

Is there anyone regulating them? Or is there anyone to complain too?

Like I know they often advertise jobs that don't exist.

What would you say if I said all HR people are the same? I've had to deal with them on both sides? "All" is a generalisation, I'm sure there are as many bad HR professionals as bad recruiters.

An experienced recruiter or successful recruitment company is obviously doing something right or they would not survive. It is a very transparent industry in that regard, if you are not filling vacancies you cant pay the bills.

As for advertising jobs that don't exist..... well I'll never get that one, its making work with no potential of a return. I'd rather sit doing nothing than waste peoples time and money (my own included).

I agree with most of that, but to state the obvious - it's the employer that is paying the bill, not the job seekers. So some may well be great at filling seats for their customers, but not great at dealing with people looking for a move who can't be immediately matched to a vacancy that the agency has.

This is why I don't think people should just stick to a couple of agencies when they're job hunting. In 99% of cases, they're not going to search for a job for you - they're getting paid to search for a candidate to fit the roles they have open.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    I agree with most of that, but to state the obvious - it's the employer that is paying the bill, not the job seekers. So some may well be great at filling seats for their customers, but not great at dealing with people looking for a move who can't be immediately matched to a vacancy that the agency has.

This is why I don't think people should just stick to a couple of agencies when they're job hunting. In 99% of cases, they're not going to search for a job for you - they're getting paid to search for a candidate to fit the roles they have open.

Eoin, you have hit the nail on the head.

It is important to be polite and professional to everyone you deal with, you never know when you may have to pick up the phone to them in the future.

But, it is my job to fill vacancies, and by doing so a candidate gets a job.
    A recruiter is not engaged or hired by a job seeker, despite this being the popular belief.

However, if you engage effectively with a good recruiter they can be of great benefit to you. I have many people that are keeping an eye out for that something special, they are not actively looking for a new role but want to be made aware of what is happening in their market space. These people phone me 5 or 6 times a year for a chat, a pint or a coffee, they let me know what they are doing and how they feel the market is. They do the same with my biggest competitor also. The thing is they know how to handle and manage their careers. They engage with recruiters in their sector as they know their next move will not be advertised on IrishJobs or what ever.

As with all these things, what you get out of a process tends to be matched by what you put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

How do the Agencies get paid for getting a client a job. Does the client have to remain in the job for a certain length of time for the company to pay the Agency. I mean if an Agency gets a job for someone who is out of work for 1/2 years & this person only stays 3/4 months in that job, does the company still have to pay the AGENCY & whats the rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

hillbloom wrote: »
    How do the Agencies get paid for getting a client a job. Does the client have to remain in the job for a certain length of time for the company to pay the Agency. I mean if an Agency gets a job for someone who is out of work for 1/2 years & this person only stays 3/4 months in that job, does the company still have to pay the AGENCY & whats the rate?

It depends on the agency.

I can give you an example from when I worked in Ireland a few years ago.

The HR person in our company wanted us to use a particular agency to find QA staff. The rate was this:

33k for hiring the person, payment is made if they stay more than 6 months.

Fairly outrageous eh? This would have been around 2008.

EDIT: By "outrageous" I mean that someone would pay that much money. I have no issue with the agencies charging that amount.

whatnext wrote: »
    What would you say if I said all HR people are the same? I've had to deal with them on both sides? "All" is a generalisation, I'm sure there are as many bad HR professionals as bad recruiters.

An experienced recruiter or successful recruitment company is obviously doing something right or they would not survive. It is a very transparent industry in that regard, if you are not filling vacancies you cant pay the bills.

As for advertising jobs that don't exist..... well I'll never get that one, its making work with no potential of a return. I'd rather sit doing nothing than waste peoples time and money (my own included).

Correct - tis a massive sweeping generalisation. I can't deny it - I'll stand by what I said - most of them are just sales cowboys and I know this as I have dealt with a LOT of them and I can't say anythig positive about. Many others feel the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Have been meaning to post in here for ages. Just wanted to share my experience of dealing with Executive Edge in Citywest.

I've dealt with a lot of agencies over the years and Exec Edge are by far the best of them.

I left a permanent job that I absolutely hated without anything lined up. When I met with my agent in Exec Edge her first words were "You're mad", but her second sentence was "But I don't blame you." The vast majority of agencies I'd dealt with previously only wanted to pigeon-hole me into roles they had available. This agent really listened to what I was saying and explained that she'd nothing that suited me available at the time, but she'd keep in touch with me. And she did - called me at least once a week, just to tell me that she hadn't forgotten about me, or to see if I was interested in a couple of different temp roles in the meantime.

She got me an interview for an SAP role in Unilever, which I was offered, but turned down, as it just didn't "feel" right. Again, most agencies I've dealt with before would walk at this stage (had one recruiter hang up on me when I turned down a role I'd been offered), but not this one. She just said she totally understood, and she'd keep her eye out for something else for me.

In the end, it took about five months, but Exec Edge placed me in my current role, where I've been for almost 18 months, and loving it. My agent still rings/emails me every couple of months just to see how I am, and if I do ever decide to move on from here (not on the horizon at all as it stands), I'll be going straight back to her.

So, there are some gems out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aaaagary

Lorraine in grafton recruitment cork is d most decent and helpful recruitment hr ive had the privlidge of meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭not1but4

Anyone ever asked to work exclusively with just one agent? Got a call from Hays today asked me just to work with them and not any other agents. Out of the 4 jobs he mentioned 3 I have already been told about by other recruiters. This is IT btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

not1but4 wrote: »
    Anyone ever asked to work exclusively with just one agent? Got a call from Hays today asked me just to work with them and not any other agents. Out of the 4 jobs he mentioned 3 I have already been told about by other recruiters. This is IT btw.

yeah, sure, just tell them ALL you'll work exclusively with them ........:D

fcuk them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

not1but4 wrote: »

Thinly veiled I am in demand post!!

Only joking, but they will ask that if your in a good job position with a juicy commission. It means they can take thier time and get money for you. Always chose a place where they treat you well and have your interests in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Don't want to name and shame but I do think this is bad business...

PPL on Leeson Street... The woman comes across lovely initially and is keen to stay in touch however mentioning things about other candidates like 'the other girl going for this is blowing her own trumpet too much' or when I got to second round I was told 'the other girl is misreable, looks like she just lost her father - go in with a smile on your face'

I guessed she was telling the others the same about me to play us off each other. Also, she told me to be ahead of the posse, get a great written reference and bring it to the interview which I did, she said 'it will put you one step ahead of the others I want you to get this job'

The interviewer said 'so PPL asked you to bring a reference?' - obviously she told all candidates this also. She wanted me to feel special during this process but wasn't really smart enough doing so. I very quickly felt that I couldn't trust her and was reluctant to pursue.

I didn't get the job and I don't want to appear bitter in anyway... not at all. it's just that I had to call over and over for days to be told I hadn't got it... but I was told I was the best interviewee so far etc.

It cant be fair to build up a persons hopes like that, commission or not. Drained after it!

In talks with Eden now and it is alot more professional, black and white so far - no mind games!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sadderday wrote: »
    Don't want to name and shame but I do think this is bad business...

PPL on Leeson Street... The woman comes across lovely initially and is keen to stay in touch however mentioning things about other candidates like 'the other girl going for this is blowing her own trumpet too much' or when I got to second round I was told 'the other girl is misreable, looks like she just lost her father - go in with a smile on your face'

I guessed she was telling the others the same about me to play us off each other. Also, she told me to be ahead of the posse, get a great written reference and bring it to the interview which I did, she said 'it will put you one step ahead of the others I want you to get this job'

The interviewer said 'so PPL asked you to bring a reference?' - obviously she told all candidates this also. She wanted me to feel special during this process but wasn't really smart enough doing so. I very quickly felt that I couldn't trust her and was reluctant to pursue.

I didn't get the job and I don't want to appear bitter in anyway... not at all. it's just that I had to call over and over for days to be told I hadn't got it... but I was told I was the best interviewee so far etc.

It cant be fair to build up a persons hopes like that, commission or not. Drained after it!

In talks with Eden now and it is alot more professional, black and white so far - no mind games!!

Oh dear sounds like it was your first experience with a recruitment agent. Unfortunately a lot of them are like this. You will learn quickly to filter out the platitudes and nonsense that they spout. You'll even find some employers dislike working with agents like that but they often have no choice. Hopefully Eden works out better for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Oh dear sounds like it was your first experience with a recruitment agent. Unfortunately a lot of them are like this. You will learn quickly to filter out the platitudes and nonsense that they spout. You'll even find some employers dislike working with agents like that but they often have no choice. Hopefully Eden works out better for you.

It pretty much is my first experience. Why do large companies that employ a HR team still opt to use agencies, anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It pretty much is my first experience. Why do large companies that employ a HR team still opt to use agencies, anybody know?

This is just a guess but I would imagine they just don't want to advertise jobs publicly any more. If they do they expose themselves to all sorts of hassle like having to sift through hundreds of CVs to find interviewees with the relevant experience, deal with applicants (following up/asking questions) and agents (soliciting) constantly ringing. Basically the agent is a buffer between themselves and the outside world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

This is just a guess but I would imagine they just don't want to advertise jobs publicly any more. If they do they expose themselves to all sorts of hassle like having to sift through hundreds of CVs to find interviewees with the relevant experience, deal with applicants (following up/asking questions) and agents (soliciting) constantly ringing. Basically the agent is a buffer between themselves and the outside world.

You know in the 'good old days' (when HR was called 'personnel'), that used to be their actual job!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Laziness, incompetence, lack of time.

One or more of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Seems if your a graduate or looking to earn €25-30k they have no time for you, won't return emails, calls. Their only after the bigger fish earning major money and keeping them happy. They don't seem to realize that as graduates we won't all stay at entry level.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Seems if your a graduate or looking to earn €25-30k they have no time for you, won't return emails, calls. Their only after the bigger fish earning major money and keeping them happy. They don't seem to realize that as graduates we won't all stay at entry level.

I found these couple of links on the net, they may be of some benefit to you.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2314151_use-recruiter-job.html

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/alumni/benefits/careers/graduatecareers/finding/rec-agencies.aspx

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/worklife/5-ways-recruitment-agencies-job-search-advantage-10314/

It is important to identify recruiters that operate in the field you are pursuing, and that operate at the right level for you. There are recruiters that only work on senior appointments, but like wise there are those who concentrate on less experienced candidates. A friend of mine recruited in the financial services sector pre 2007, was a very experienced recruiter (15 years +) and only ever worked on positions for graduates to 2 years experience. I appreciate it was a different market then, but try identify the recruiter that is of most benefit to you, but also remember that if there have no active positions and the sector is slow, there is very little they can do about it.

Try to keep positive, an try keep your details / name fresh in the mind of recruiters.

A simple email note along the lines of this once a fortnight.

Hi xxxxx,

Just a note to say I'm still actively looking for a graduate xxxxxxxx position in Dublin. I sent you my CV on the 12th of April last.

Please keep me in mind. If you require any further details I can be contacted on 08x xxx xxx or this email address.

Regards.

XXXXXXXXX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is it wise to upload my cv on irishjobs.ie or jobs.ie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Is it wise to upload my cv on irishjobs.ie or jobs.ie ?

Depending on your experience etc., it can be like opening a flood gate, and in the end nothing may come of it - just your phone ringing constantly for 2 days and then going quiet. I did it twice and nothing came of neither. But if I learned anything (from the first time), was to get a second phone and give that out as the number, nothing worse as loads of private calls coming into you "personal" phone, atleast that way you know it's a agency.

What never ceases to surprise me is all the agents that want to be linked to you on linkedin and are happy to spam you with "their" jobs, but find it so terribly difficult to acknowledge an application or return a phone call. That's my current experience of [COMPANY NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR - IT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THE POST], they were c*nts in the 90s, and they're still c*nts today.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 BRITINDUBLIN

Hi All,

I am an IT recruiter from a well established agency in Dublin. I have been recruiting for Software engineers for 3 years now and have worked for 2 agencies during this time.

Its been interesting to read lots of these and to get an understanding of how we are perceived. A lot of it I have heard before and some things I haven't.

First of all, Let me clear up something. The way agencies make money is from a "finders fee" from a company who is looking for that certain skill set. Simple! A company would use an agency for a number of reasons. 2 examples are: A company recruits so may people across multiple skill sets that they don't have the time to recruit for niche skills etc, so would go to an specialist recruiter to do so. On the other hand a company may be so small they don't have a HR dept and don have time or the "know how" to do it. If they are recruiting sales people they could spend money on an advert and get 100's of applications then no time to siv through them all or; recruit Java developers and be looking at there inbox waiting weeks on end for a single CV. There are different reasons why a company would use an agency.

I read that a few of you think we are cowboys, we are dodgy sales people, we are only looking after number one. Lets not Jazz this up. We are all sales people in this job and if we aren't selling we aren't doing our job. BUT for a recruitment consultant to make the sale and to make sure that we have done right by candidate and company, there are a number of things that we need to make sure we do; and these things 9 times out of 10 ensure that we get the sale. I am talking about actually meeting the candidate, visiting the company so you know what the building looks like, i'm talking about interview preparation, CV writing, salary expectation management, managing expectations full stop!!!! This job is about networking and building business relationships. (Some of my candidates, i would still meet for a beer or a coffee).

I recruit Java developers(software developers). and my god. It is very very cut throat out there. and I have spoke and met candidates who have had some shocking experiences. Example: An agent saying there CV is with a company, the company turned out to be a client of mine and I spoke with the client regarding the candidate and the CEO of the company says we haven't received a single CV yet. Poor candidate has been waiting for 2 weeks for feedback. OUTCOME; i pick up the pieces represent the candidate "exclusively" and I get him the job.

My advice to you whether your a candidate in IT or sales or Marketing or whatever; YOU choose the recruiter who YOU want to work with.

If I was suddenly looking for a job and was going down the agency route. I would first of all avoid the jobs boards, ie. Monster, irishjobs etc. I would find out who the best agents are and speak to 2-3, and arrange a meeting. If the agent avoids to meet or isn't keen to meet then this is a good sign that they are not a good agent. During the meeting I would expect them to ask me about who I am and the type of role I want and to give me offer advice and tips(interview.CV). (People always make the mistake of working with every agent in Dublin spraying there CV all over the place. It is very very bad practice)
    Treat this engagement with the agency like a relationship. there has to be that respect for one another. the best recruiters out there are proactive and will actually "represent" candidates by reaching out to there network to offer to introduce candidates to clients.

I could go on and on. I am happy to offer advice or information to anyone who wants clarity on how agency's work and can offer advice on how to find work regardless of what you do. Feel free to private message me.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Grafton Recruitment, Careers Register, Morgan McKinley just 3 off the top of my head in the shame list for me, promise you sun moon and stars and never return your calls, personally I find the majority of agencies a nightmare to deal with, if they send you for an interview and you happen to be unsuccessful they tend to blank you after that.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Grafton Recruitment, Careers Register, Morgan McKinley just 3 off the top of my head in the shame list for me, promise you sun moon and stars and never return your calls, personally I find the majority of agencies a nightmare to deal with, if they send you for an interview and you happen to be unsuccessful they tend to blank you after that.
    Then you need to assess your recruiter better at the start. YOU know what could happen if you use an agency. next time I would hope that you will be able to sus out which ones are good or bad. If you need advice in future PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Then you need to assess your recruiter better at the start. YOU know what could happen if you use an agency. next time I would hope that you will be able to sus out which ones are good or bad. If you need advice in future PM me.

Advice taken onboard cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

personally I find the majority of agencies a nightmare to deal with, if they send you for an interview and you happen to be unsuccessful they tend to blank you after that.
    I find most of these seem to ill fit you into a company that they probably threw 100 CV's at that had a few keywords on it. Bad form, and unfortunately they get results.

the_syco wrote: »
    I find most of these seem to ill fit you into a company that they probably threw 100 CV's at that had a few keywords on it. Bad form, and unfortunately they get results.

Hi the syco, did you screen agencies to decide which one you would use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi the syco, did you screen agencies to decide which one you would use?
    When I was looking (6 or 7 years ago) I sent emails to a few agencies (who had IT Suport jobs), who then seemed to pass them onto anyone who wanted IT people. A few of the companies that they sent me to were looking for certs I didn't even know existed, or were "IT jobs" (we need someone who knows what Excel is). At the time, I was fairly new to the game, and thought that the recruitment companies had my best interests at heart :pac:

The agency who got me the job in the end never met me and had only done a phone interview, but had asked me questions specific to the area (IT support). I forget the agencies name, but they were down based in Naas.

Just remembered, this, my favourite ever experience with a cowboy recruiter, who, unfortunately, happened to be my sister's boyfriend at the time. He somehow managed to talk himself into a job in a recruitment agency who I won't name as they're actually very good and, in fairness, this guy had us all fooled at the time.

Anyway, at the time I was in a job that I absolutely loathed and couldn't wait to get out of. I had a lot of experience in executive level PA/admin roles on my cv, which I had sent to him. Got a phone call off him one day.

Him: Hiya honey-ec, I have a role here I think you might be interested in. Now, the only thing is, it's for a junior admin, and I know you'd be more senior, but I said I'd let you know anyway

Me: Well, what kind of money is it?

Him: 35k

Me: That seems very high for a junior admin. Read out the job spec to me there

Him: OK, well it's for a Junior C++ administrator...

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just remembered, this, my favourite ever experience with a cowboy recruiter, who, unfortunately, happened to be my sister's boyfriend at the time. He somehow managed to talk himself into a job in a recruitment agency who I won't name as they're actually very good and, in fairness, this guy had us all fooled at the time.

Anyway, at the time I was in a job that I absolutely loathed and couldn't wait to get out of. I had a lot of experience in executive level PA/admin roles on my cv, which I had sent to him. Got a phone call off him one day.

Him: Hiya honey-ec, I have a role here I think you might be interested in. Now, the only thing is, it's for a junior admin, and I know you'd be more senior, but I said I'd let you know anyway

Me: Well, what kind of money is it?

Him: 35k

Me: That seems very high for a junior admin. Read out the job spec to me there

Him: OK, well it's for a Junior C++ administrator...

Well, dont worry honey not all recruiters are like him.

Well, dont worry honey not all recruiters are like him.

I know, I've already named & praised the last agent I dealt with, who was fantastic.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I know, I've already named & praised the last agent I dealt with, who was fantastic.

Do you deal with agencies everytime you are looking for work? who would you recomend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I dealt with Abrivia recruitment recently, the guy rang up asking the types of roles I was looking for and said he'd just the role for me and that he'd put my cv across and let me know if the company wanted to bring me for an interview. He said he'd regularly be in touch as they'd lots of roles suitable for me.

I made numerous calls to him which were never returned, pure ignorance.

In my experience (and I have a lot of experience with them on both looking for a job and having to ring them as I work in HR) they are absolute parasites. Cowboys. Gangsters. Mosst of them last about a year or two. They are all the same - a massive sweeping generalisation but as I say I've dealt with a lot of them on both sides.

I'll add Hays, IRC, CPL, Brightwater to that list too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Absolute nightmare to deal with in Australia. I was given a day's notice before for a job in a bank. I got a phone call on a Monday - job interview was on Tuesday morning. I was new in Melbourne at the time so I had to run out that evening and buy a suit, shirt, tie etc as I wanted to dress to impress. I stayed up all night preparing for the job but unfortunately I wasn't successful (I would have been if they gave me more than a days notice). Since then I completely got the cold shoulder. About 80% of the temp jobs in my field goes through through this agency (Hays! just to name and shame) and they have me on their system as a previous unsuccessful candidate which makes it next to impossible to get another position. 5 years of university and 2 years banking experience and I've called for at least 20 different jobs that came up. They won't even look at me for a data entry position. Crooks, parasites the lot of them. They seem to have one big red mark beside my name on their system. Can't understand why a company would want to waste their money on these crooks. Most recruitment agents I meet as egotistical money hungry fools. Will do anything for a buck and then act like the bees-knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I'll add Hays, IRC, CPL, Brightwater to that list too.

I think it depends on the person you get. I personally found CPL and Careers Register very helpful. I got my current job through CPL. On the flip side, I have dealt with Grafton Recruitment and the lady who was dealing with me was god awful. La Creme were another awful company, dragged me in for an interview and then went on to tell me about non existent jobs......:-/

I'd say there is good and bad agents in all recruitment agencies, just hope you get a good one. At the end of the day, only you can get yourself a job and if you're determined enough you will get one. :)

maguic24 wrote: »
    I think it depends on the person you get. I personally found CPL and Careers Register very helpful. I got my current job through CPL. On the flip side, I have dealt with Grafton Recruitment and the lady who was dealing with me was god awful. La Creme were another awful company, dragged me in for an interview and then went on to tell me about non existent jobs......:-/

I'd say there is good and bad agents in all recruitment agencies, just hope you get a good one. At the end of the day, only you can get yourself a job and if you're determined enough you will get one. :)

I totally agree - I just wish agencies didn't exist!

I much rather dealing with a company directly - they ring and invite me to an interview - that is it! No bull**** meeting, talking about crap, what my ideal role is, where I am going on holidays. etc. Basically the usual agency crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cobybrien

anyone else having a problem with computer futures?

i sent my resume in for a position i'm not sure even exists and when i ring looking to speak to Alex Jay he's never there..no point in asking to ring me back as they never do.

http://www.computerfutures.com/en/show-advert?task=showadvert&advertRef=CF-12244907&searchId=519366dd0de47&start=0

see their facebook page, someone else has posted how bad they are at getting back.

https://www.facebook.com/ComputerFutures

should i forget about it?

not sure if Alex is useless or is it the agency? advice please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

cobybrien wrote: »
    anyone else having a problem with computer futures?

i sent my resume in for a position i'm not sure even exists and when i ring looking to speak to Alex Jay he's never there..no point in asking to ring me back as they never do.
    dazberry wrote: »
    What never ceases to surprise me is all the agents that want to be linked to you on linkedin and are happy to spam you with "their" jobs, but find it so terribly difficult to acknowledge an application or return a phone call. That's my current experience of [COMPANY NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR - IT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THE POST]...

Relevant this time I guess - yes I did. Still have had no contact, still get linked-in job adverts from them, but they can't reply to an email or return a call. Simple fact is that there's not near as much going on as the job sites would make it appear as there is so much agency overlap. Best thing is to take yourself off somewhere else...

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

My Son is doing casual work for Mindwork 2 days last week 2 days this week,
    He has just told me he wont get payed till the end of June:eek:. Is this a scam or the norm.

Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

bump

• Advertisement
Advertisement