Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recruitment agencies - name, shame (and praise)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

uaobrien wrote: »
    I wonder if [the recruitment agencies] could be caught under false advertising.

Actually I think I'll call ASAI and ask.

Edit: Will have to wait till 5th Jan. Office is closed till then.
    By the way, if anyone has any more verifiable examples I can report to ASAI and NRF please either PM me or post them here before Sunday night and I'll use them too...

Well for all the moaning and whining about the agencies, we still only have two verifiable examples of 'fake' posts by agencies.

I'll take both to ASAI and NRF tomorrow, but was thinking we might have come up with a little more than that. I'll give a quick check tomorrow morning before I call these places.

Would love to see response if you complain to the NRF but as its a lot easier to moan on boards I guess you probably wont:

http://www.nrf.ie/members-details.aspx?id=38

Actually no offence harry, but if you're into criticizing people attempting to get things done, what's keeping you from getting off your todd and phoning ASAI and NRF. Their contact details are available to the public.

From the above comment, you sound like a 'man of action'. So how about putting your money where your mouth is.

I'm making my calls tomorrow and will post the news of what happens.

I'll take both to ASAI and NRF tomorrow, but was thinking we might have come up with a little more than that. I'll give a quick check tomorrow morning before I call these places.

Well I didn't go to NRF, called ASAI first and they asked me to submit the complaint in writing which I duly did. :) They said they'll follow up directly with the agencies in question.

Interestingly, as I was explaining the situation, they mentioned they received a similar mail already today regarding recruitment agencies.

I'll give it a week and then I'll follow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

sorry Una only saw that now - I'm actually a recruiter but I hate seeing people just moan, name names even though its all completely unsubstantiated (spelling?) and not complain through official channels when they are available.

I try do right by people thats why I suggested you complaining to a governing body like the NRF as I certainly have nothing to hide from - I've suggested it before but no one, until now has responded, but have continued to moan etc.

One last thing in general, I know how bad recruiters can be - I've sat the other side of the desk as well and heard all the crap, but there are some, albeit not a lot, of good recruiters out there.

FH

ps I also have a media contact who may be interested in substantiated complaints and the reaction from ASAI & NRF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Newbie_2009

For construction, I have always found ICDS a very good company to deal with, I found them honest and helpful. They were always upfront with the information about the jobs

I have had some dealings with MCR. Just ask anyone who has worked for them they tell you all about them. I wouldnt go near them again with a barge pole myself, not that they have many jobs in Irl anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tumbledown

For construction, I have always found ICDS a very good company to deal with, I found them honest and helpful. They were always upfront with the information about the jobs

I have had some dealings with MCR. Just ask anyone who has worked for them they tell you all about them. I wouldnt go near them again with a barge pole myself, not that they have many jobs in Irl anymore!

Your not joking, had experience of MCR myself - possibly the most incredibly inept, greedy and downright horrible bunch of fkrs ever put together in a building since the formation of the Nazi party. Dreadful doesn't even begin to describe their operation or the people that run the place. The only good thing of the construction implosion is that parasites like this (not referring to the poor devils that are directly employed by them) will soon find themsel out of business.

As a side note, my best friend was made redundant this morning and many more of my friends are staring down the same barrel. Its all just so frustrating - study hard in school to get into college or do your trade, either way qualify and then the country goes to pot . . . . fup sake

Adecco - Called me out to Swords for an interview for a job they lined up for me, interview was more like getting my life story.
    Anyway they said the would call me that evening or next day about the job and not a call was made.
    This happened about 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fingal hoop

agencies I have dealt with

Top People - found them very professional & helpful
    Manpower - ok, didnt send me for the speicfic role i was interested in
    Mary B - friendly staff- not great range of jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Not an agency but a company. Pokerkings, situated in Cherrywood just off the N11. They advertise for lots and lots of jobs, I applied to one where there were 10 positions available. Not the hardest of jobs but something I have some experience in. That was back in november, still I have recieved no mail or phone call, despite ringing them twice and leaving my contact details. Really inconsiderate of people to ignore you. E-mails don't cost anything, the 2-3 minutes it takes to write it might, but is common curtosy that cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I don't know if I should name and shame the agency here, because I have worked with them before and they secured me a good job. I went back to them but that person had left so I was talking to a different recruiter.

An interview was arranged for Friday morning. In the e-mail with all of the details I noticed there was no building name or number, the address was just in the IFSC. Well, as I know the IFSC fairly well I thought I'd head out to the address as best I could and when I got there the plan was to ring the agency to ask for the complete address.

So that's what I did. The person I was dealing with didn't know so she said she would get in touch with a collegue that did know and get back to me. She got back and said to look for "a building with a white sofa in it." I had a look but couldn't find any building with a white sofa, not that I could see from the street, so after 10 minutes of searching I rang the agency back asking for more (read:better) directions. This time I was given the mobile number of the interviewer.

I rang the interviewer, the phone rang out. I tried for about five or six times, each time the phone rang out. By this time it was 20 minutes after the interview was scheduled for. I rang the agency back to say that the interviewer was not answering and I wasn't able to wait around for much longer as I had another appointment. the agency knew this as when they originally offered me the interview for Friday morning I said I had another appointment but I ended up rescheduling it to make way for the interview.

I left the interviewer a voice message saying to please contact the agency if they wanted to re-schedule. I apologised for the errors (out of politeness) but in truth I was preety annoyed. I'd wasted over 3 hours of my morning and re-scheduled an appointment to make this interview and I felt that I was being messed around. Where was the interviewer and why didn't they pick up the phone? My husband told me to look on the bright side, that I'd probably had a lucky escape if the company was that disorganized.

Well I didn't go to NRF, called ASAI first and they asked me to submit the complaint in writing which I duly did. :) They said they'll follow up directly with the agencies in question.

Interestingly, as I was explaining the situation, they mentioned they received a similar mail already today regarding recruitment agencies.

I'll give it a week and then I'll follow up.

any update??????????

any update??????????

Not yet, except for a nice letter from them acknowledging my complaint. I'll call the person named on the letter and ask for an update and post back by Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

eth0_ wrote: »
    GOOD AGENCIES:
    Eolas
    Placed me in a decent enough job, great rate of pay. Always sorted out any issues very quickly.

+1. Eolas were very interested in finding out as much about my CV as possible over the phone, and had an urgency about them that other agencies don't have. I had registered with them and CPL at the time, and got a job through Eolas. When CPL contacted me i told them i had got job X located in location Y. Their response was 'oh yeah that job...' which they had never thought of referring me for !? Clowns. Recruiters need some training in I.T roles so they know what you're actually able to do.

Not yet, except for a nice letter from them acknowledging my complaint. I'll call the person named on the letter and ask for an update and post back by Wednesday.

Well I followed up by phone with ASAI and they explained there was the potential for me to be recognized be the agency if they followed up on the complaint. They said they would need my written authorization to proceed and followed up with the email below:
    "As I explained our normal procedure for handling complaints is that we forward the complaint to the advertisers, without the complainant’s name or address, so that they may comment on the complaint. We will be doing this with your complaint to XXXX. However, in this circumstance, we feel that the advertiser may be able to recognise you from your email of complaint.

Can you please let us know if you are happy for us to forward your complaint (without identifying you) to XXXX for their comments?

I replied giving them the okay to proceed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mr Bleech

I've been reading this thread now and just wonder if recruitment agents now know that a lot of 'non recruitment agents' know their tricks at this stage...

I had a phonecall this morning from Niamh from 'X Recruitment', sounding quite irate on the phone as I hadn't sent her my CV over the weekend, as I apparently said I would last Friday and that she has 2 roles that she wants my details to go into...she needs my CV asap...

Strange that, as I never spoke to her or anyone from this recruitment agency last week...

I'd say she found my details on Monster.ie

• Advertisement

Mr Bleech wrote: »
    I've been reading this thread now and just wonder if recruitment agents now know that a lot of 'non recruitment agents' know their tricks at this stage...

I had a phonecall this morning from Niamh from 'X Recruitment', sounding quite irate on the phone as I hadn't sent her my CV over the weekend, as I apparently said I would last Friday and that she has 2 roles that she wants my details to go into...she needs my CV asap...

Strange that, as I never spoke to her or anyone from this recruitment agency last week...

I'd say she found my details on Monster.ie

I get phone calls after I apply for jobs, they say that they will put my details forward, but they never do, I come in for the interview prep thing they do and that's the last I see of them, they call me and say that their client is not recruiting or some other bullsh!t excuse. I think they take your details and coldcall. Also bleech, if you are making a high wage then they might make a nice little commission off it, being more interested in you. I am on the bottom of the pay scale so they will take less interest in me. That's what I am thinking :)

Recruitment agencies are scum, they are up there with politicians. I hope many of them lose their jobs. It would be great to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I get phone calls after I apply for jobs, they say that they will put my details forward, but they never do, I come in for the interview prep thing they do and that's the last I see of them, they call me and say that their client is not recruiting or some other bullsh!t excuse. I think they take your details and coldcall. Also bleech, if you are making a high wage then they might make a nice little commission off it, being more interested in you. I am on the bottom of the pay scale so they will take less interest in me. That's what I am thinking :)

Recruitment agencies are scum, they are up there with politicians. I hope many of them lose their jobs. It would be great to see :)

Is it possible they're picking up on your bad attitude towards recruiters and not bothering with you?

(Serious question.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

I think it's fairly harsh to hope people lose their jobs in this current climate. Let's not forget that Recruiters are people too with mortgages and families.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Is it possible they're picking up on your bad attitude towards recruiters and not bothering with you?

(Serious question.)

"I felt that you were well presented at interview and also felt that you sold you abilities well. However, we had a huge response for this role and a stronger candidate in terms of previous relevant administration experience and stronger academic background presented on the day."

This is what I normally get after an interview. This was my last interview with Zurich.

Unless the recruiter can read my mind, they have absolutely no way of telling what I am thinking. I am not an idiot. When I am in the interview I will be very happy, it's normally after they tell me there are NO roles and thanks for comming all the way into town for nothing, that I get annoyed.
    mrpink6789 wrote: »
    I think it's fairly harsh to hope people lose their jobs in this current climate. Let's not forget that Recruiters are people too with mortgages and families.

Sure is, it's also fairly harsh to give people false hope. That industry is not regulated, they only care about themselves and how much comission they recieve. They do not try to match people to jobs. That is the least of their worries.

I have come accros one or two agencies that have been very helpful. Genuine people that want to help. It's these people I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Really fed up with seeing Realtime Recruitment plastered all over www.irishjobs.ie Jobs that do not exist, I said this to one of them (when on for another role) , and he said that Irish Jobs do it not them...I mean they literally have 8-10 roles per page....BTW when dealing with them, i got the "I have a mortgage line too" anyone who i've worked with has nothing good to say about them...Pack of k**ts would be the most said line about them..

• Advertisement

This is what I normally get after an interview. This was my last interview with Zurich.

Unless the recruiter can read my mind, they have absolutely no way of telling what I am thinking. I am not an idiot. When I am in the interview I will be very happy, it's normally after they tell me there are NO roles and thanks for comming all the way into town for nothing, that I get annoyed.

Zurich are an actaul company so bit harsh to blame the recruiter that there were better candidates than you.

And the company is Pocket Kings not Pokerkings by the way

Zurich are an actaul company so bit harsh to blame the recruiter that there were better candidates than you.

And the company is Pocket Kings not Pokerkings by the way

No no, I didn't go through a recruiter for Zurich, any job interview I have had was a direct application to that company.

I am not blaming the recruiter if I don't get a job. They say they will put my details forward, they don't, they say there are positions available and to come in for an interview, then there are no positions. They are not people I like dealing with, yet every opportunity I get I will jump at it, just in case it is genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 denvey

Storm recruitment.

They took nearly 3 months just to make my c.v only to never send me any job news ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

I am currently looking for a number of Delphi Developers (all levels from 1-10 years comm. Experience) , for a range of vacancies based in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry

Top salaries and packages on offer (Daily Rates for contract)

Contract and Permanent roles open

So if you are interested please email or call us on 01 *** 3828 today
    http://www.exp.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5960545&MID=4746

So this came on the radar yesterday and knowing the market for such experience (i.e. none), we laughed at the neck of someone posting an ad like this on Irishjobs. But then the fun starts when you start to look at more of their adverts:
    I am currently looking for a number of BizTalk Developers (all levels from 1-10 years comm. Experience) , for a range of vacancies based in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry
    http://www.exp.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5960558&MID=4746
    I am currently looking for a number of Sharepoint Developers (all levels from 1-10 years comm. Experience) , for a range of vacancies based in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry
    http://www.exp.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5960552&MID=4746
    I am currently looking for a number of SQL Developers(all levels from 1-10 years comm. Experience) , for a range of vacancies based in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry
    http://www.exp.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5960543&MID=4746

... and the list goes one - 14 at the last count - priceless!

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mr Bleech

Another funny thing, is that when you look at all the roles on Irishjobs.ie, there's hundreds !! I'm specifically looking in the accountancy area, but when I talk to the recruitment agents who have these jobs advertised, they tell me that there's very few jobs out there...

WHY ARE THEY ADVERTISING THESE FAKE JOBS?!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Mr Bleech wrote: »
    Another funny thing, is that when you look at all the roles on Irishjobs.ie, there's hundreds !! I'm specifically looking in the accountancy area, but when I talk to the recruitment agents who have these jobs advertised, they tell me that there's very few jobs out there...

WHY ARE THEY ADVERTISING THESE FAKE JOBS?!!!!!

To harvest CV's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Has anyone used Kelly Services in Cork before? Are they any good? Where do they recruit for?

dazberry wrote: »

http://www.exp.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5960543&MID=4746

... and the list goes one - 14 at the last count - priceless!

D.

hey Daz, dont know the IT sector so this one sorta lost me??? are you saying the jobs are fake or what......

hey Daz, dont know the IT sector so this one sorta lost me??? are you saying the jobs are fake or what......

The fact that they used the exact same advert for Delphi positions (I know Delphi pretty well) proves they are fake jobs. There are currently no open Delphi positions in Dublin, nevermind in Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry.

There are currently no open Delphi positions in Dublin, nevermind in Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry.

thats a pretty big statement - just searched Irishjobs and there are a few places advertising the same job which to me says someones looking for a delphi person.....added to that I know one of the agencies and it will not be a fake........

oops and there's one with an actual company

http://www.ocuco.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=20&Itemid=100

• Advertisement

thats a pretty big statement - just searched Irishjobs and there are a few places advertising the same job which to me says someones looking for a delphi person.....added to that I know one of the agencies and it will not be a fake........

oops and there's one with an actual company

http://www.ocuco.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=20&Itemid=100

OK, my bad, there is one Delphi position in Ireland!

What about in Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry?

I have no problem defending something unpopular (including the recruitment industry) if I feel people are being unfair, but as I (and dazberry) know the Irish Delphi industry very well - nevermind how well I know the recuitment industry - it is obvious the Exp.ie adverts are dishonest.

Of course, Exp.ie could defend themselves by saying they are looking for Delphi people to work in non-Delphi roles, but I don't think that is very believable.

some basic internet searching will show you there's one in Limerick as well.........but like you say you guys know the "Irish Delphi industry very well" .......

some basic internet searching will show you there's one in Limerick as well.........but like you say you guys know the "Irish Delphi industry very well" .......

Right. Do you have a link to the job in Limerick? What about Cork, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry...? And both contract and permanent positions?

Delphi is old technology, which was never particularly popular, and as someone who works in a company who use Delphi, and who has recruited for them, I can tell you... the Exp.ie advert is bogus.

Do you really believe the adverts Exp.ie posted are truthful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Yes, it is my opinion that the Solas adverts are just harvesting CVs. I've been stuck in a miserable bank for the last 5 years writing Delphi code so I watch the market like a hawk.

... although I do not believe the remaining Delphi ads to be fakes, I know some are lets just say very very speculative. PM me if you want to discuss this off thread.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

I'm Logistics/SupplyChain professional so my list of bad and good recruiter agencies will be logistics related and on my opinion.
    Bad:
    1) Grafton Recruitment. They have a lot of job adverts in any field you can imagine. I'm in Ireland more than 3 years, have visited their offices, talked with them, applied trough internet for many positions they has. In 3 years time I NEVER heard anything from them. No calls, no responses to my emails, NOTHING AT ALL. Althought it hapened few times that I got the same position via a other recruiter agency. Just wondering how they still manage to survive. Useless company.
    2) Brunnel Recruitment. The same story. They pretend that they have a lot of business but they don't. Never got any response from them. Nothing at all. Like I never applied for anything. Sure they will be gone till end of recession.
    3) Hal Recruitment, Ann O'Brien, Heys and many more.
    Good ones:
    1) Logiskills. Althought I never get any position through them their service is the best I've experienced in this country. They realy care about you and stay in contact even no positions are available.
    2) Irish Recruitment Services. Very good unfortunately they recruit only for one company.
    3) Noel Recruitment. But I namethem just because I one particulary person who is not working for them. His name is Sean Kelly. I got the job twice thanks to him. I don't know where he's working now.
    At the moment job market is dead so it will be much easier to name bad receuiter agencies. I've tried 3 months to find a job here with no success. Yesterday I've counted 260 positions I've applied and didn't get any response. And that is awfull. I did 5 interviews since last October and still waiting for some reply and nobody even give a s**t to answer. Maybe you don't have such kind of problems, maybe only non-nationals like me are treated like this. I gave up. From now I only apply directly.

Right. Do you have a link to the job in Limerick? What about Cork, Galway, Donegal, Meath, Kildare and Kerry...? And both contract and permanent positions?

Delphi is old technology, which was never particularly popular, and as someone who works in a company who use Delphi, and who has recruited for them, I can tell you... the Exp.ie advert is bogus.

Do you really believe the adverts Exp.ie posted are truthful?

haha sorry aarrrgh but cannot stand when people say "I know xyz very well....". Yes I do have a link for Limerick, no you cant have it :D and NO i do not believe all of those jobs are real but ask any recruiter what the jobboards are telling them to do to increase applications and they'll say use every location etc etc (not right I agree)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

here is the link for that job in Limerick I think

http://www.irishjobs.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5886437&MID=3513

banjobongo wrote: »
    here is the link for that job in Limerick I think

http://www.irishjobs.ie/jobdesc.asp?ID=5886437&MID=3513

That's by a recruitment agency. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

<snip> in Manpower has just shown how unprofessional recruitment consultants can be.

She sent the following email to me just now:
    Dear applicant,

You applied for my role in Customer Service area just recently. Unfortunately this role has been closed and we won't be able to proceed with your application at this stage.

Anyway I was thinking that you might be interested in some other job openings.

Currently ***** asked us to source candidate who would be interested in working for them in Maastricht. As per your CV I believe you would be the one interested in developing, learning and gaining experience with such a good brand as ******.

The Netherlands are extremely fast developing country in the heart of continental Europe. When based there you will be given opportunities to broaden your perspectives, learn about market and get over your colleges in country.

Please find two job descriptions in attachment. You can also go to official Dutch website and learn about country, business, culture and weather..

Should you be interested in talking to me in more detail don't hesitate to contact me anytime. You can just email me with your updated CV and I will call you back to discuss roles in "old Europe".

Many thanks,

<snip>

Included were a few attachments about the job.

This in itself wouldn't be an issue, had it not been for the fact that she CC'd me and 249 other people the job details. Sending out 250 email address has got to be one of the most moronic things i've seen a recruitment consultant do in a long long time. Surely they must get some sort of training on privacy issues??

Needless to say I rang the lass and complained. She apologized, as she should have, and then sent THE SAME 250 people the following message:
    <snip> would like to recall the message, "job @ ******s in
    Netherlands".

Braindead, simple as that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Wow that's .... I'm speechless :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 krust

jcrowbar wrote: »
    <snip> in Manpower has just shown how unprofessional recruitment consultants can be.

This in itself wouldn't be an issue, had it not been for the fact that she CC'd me and 249 other people the job details. Sending out 250 email address has got to be one of the most moronic things i've seen a recruitment consultant do in a long long time. Surely they must get some sort of training on privacy issues??

Needless to say I rang the lass and complained. She apologized, as she should have, and then sent THE SAME 250 people the following message:

:eek: wow... lame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Recruitment Consultant A would like to recall the message, "job @ ******s in
    Netherlands".

In her defense, that's an automated message when using the message recall function in outlook with an Exchange server. Little did she know that once the mail has left the server it ain't coming back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

No need to give the girl's name in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dhorgan3

Ok. So a few months back, I received a short mail from a recruiter asking would I be interested in working in a practice where my brother worked.

Lets call it Practice A for arguments sake. He, the recruiter was offering me 21k if I decided to join practice A. I had one years experience and was at that time on 17k in my own practice, B. My brother was on 16 k in practice A and had THREE years experience along with some of his work mates who were also on 16k. Anyhow...I let my brother know about this. He and some workmates printed off the email i had got...presented it at their pay review and my bro's salary went from 16k - 23k within a second. Same for his work mates. Premier recruitment....caught out!:):):)

dhorgan3 wrote: »
    Ok. So a few months back, I received a short mail from a recruiter asking would I be interested in working in a practice where my brother worked.

Lets call it Practice A for arguments sake. He, the recruiter was offering me 21k if I decided to join practice A. I had one years experience and was at that time on 17k in my own practice, B. My brother was on 16 k in practice A and had THREE years experience along with some of his work mates who were also on 16k. Anyhow...I let my brother know about this. He and some workmates printed off the email i had got...presented it at their pay review and my bro's salary went from 16k - 23k within a second. Same for his work mates. Premier recruitment....caught out!:):):)

WHAT???? how were the recruiters caught out??? the practice were caught out surely????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

WHAT???? how were the recruiters caught out??? the practice were caught out surely????

Exactly. It isn't the recruiter's fault, they don't set the wages of everyone else etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shyneforlife

According to a forum www.nrf.ie year ending 2009, the market for recruitment companies and employment agencies that operate in the permanent — aswell temporary and contract — employment category. It includes firms that are engaged in general permanent appointments and executive permanent appointments.

"An increasing number of employers — who might once have considered hiring some contract staff for a year — are now switching to offering candidates permanent employment, responding to the danger of not being able to find the right staff when a contract comes to an end. By year ending 2009 the value of the market is expected to drop to about just over €2.5bn"

They is obviously money to be made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

I'm worked and a sys admin for the last 10 years and got an email from QED the other day for a position repairing mobile phones, yeah i worked for Motorola 15 years ago but that was fixing pagers if they bothered reading my CV.

replied to yer man and told him to take me off his DB if he couldn't even be bothered to send out relevant positions.

next day i get an email from him with a position selling medical equipment.

complete Muppet IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Very helpful dedicated guys at Sales Placement and Headhunt....the sort of guys who remember they got you a job nine years ago

dade wrote: »
    I'm worked and a sys admin for the last 10 years and got an email from QED the other day for a position repairing mobile phones, yeah i worked for Motorola 15 years ago but that was fixing pagers if they bothered reading my CV.

replied to yer man and told him to take me off his DB if he couldn't even be bothered to send out relevant positions.

next day i get an email from him with a position selling medical equipment.

complete Muppet IMO

Computer Future in the UK do the exact same crap. They keep sending me useless offers in bizarre parts of the UK. I keep telling them to delete my details but of course they don't.

I have never lived in the UK and I never plan to live in the UK. I have no idea why they are sending me UK jobs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement