Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A big thank you

Options
  • 06-11-2006 11:25am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

to the owner of the Mazda who blocked me in yesterday afternoon. They made sure they had plenty of space for themselves but never bothered about anyone else. It takes reall skill to drive like this... :mad:

Tight.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Ah stop complaining, you can get in there no probs .. well i could anyway.

and whats with the recent trend in showing peoples reg plates, is this part of the new naming and shaming epidemic.. sock it to 'em, that'll learn 'em !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Wasn't in a certain car park in Dublin City Centre was it? Saw something similar last night myself when I was parking in Fleet St.

On the topic, there's always one. I have a tip for you, if it happens again get a planck of wood and wedge it up against the bottom of the back bumper and the ground. A car that small should lift off the ground allowing you to manuver it to another position. Done it a few times myself and it's dead handy.

You may want to edit the reg plate so no one can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So what did you actually do? Take the simple solution and climb in over the passenger chair and gearstick or get a few of the lads to roll it over and set the mazda on fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

cormie wrote:
    get a few of the lads to roll it over and set the mazda on fire?

Sounds like the only solution to me tbh...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

No it was in a carpark in Tallaght :eek: So you never know who owns the car out that way ;) Luckily the car on the opposite side pulled out as I was coming back so I had to climb over the passenger seat. Otherwise it might have been in through the boot! :D It was even tighter than it looks so had to be really careful reversing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Dyflin wrote:
    Luckily the car on the opposite side pulled out as I was coming back so I had to climb over the passenger seat. Otherwise it might have been in through the boot! :D

Would you not have been able to get in the passenger side if the car on the left wasn't pulling out? Did you park too close to it to get in the passenger door and they had to get in their passenger door? :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

^^ thats not boxed in, what are you talking about.
    Unless you;re a)female and b) heavily pregnant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Gurgle wrote:
    ^^ thats not boxed in, what are you talking about.
    Unless you;re a)female and b) heavily pregnant.

You're right it's not boxed in, a box has four sides, I was only blocked on two :p

cormie wrote:
    Would you not have been able to get in the passenger side if the car on the left wasn't pulling out? Did you park too close to it to get in the passenger door and they had to get in their passenger door? :p:D

No but I had all sorts of shopping crap and the boot was already full so being able to open the door beyond the first notch was a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Whats the problem with showing the reg plate?
    Name nd shame the muppets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Whats the problem with showing the reg plate?
    Name nd shame the muppets

There is no proof that the owner of the Mazda parked after the owner of the Leon, the owner of the Leon may simply have a vendetta against the Mazda owner and set up the picture to defame the Mazda owner.

Not saying for one minute this is the case but a picture alone doesn't prove the driver of the Mazda is a 'muppet'. We only have the original posters story.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a second, fainter white line under the right hand wheels of the Leon. From looking at that picture alone, I would say that the Leon, rather than the Mazda, may have been at fault.

Bluetonic wrote:
    There is no proof that the owner of the Mazda parked after the owner of the Leon, the owner of the Leon may simply have a vendetta against the Mazda owner and set up the picture to defame the Mazda owner.

Not saying for one minute this is the case but a picture alone doesn't prove the driver of the Mazda is a 'muppet'. We only have the original posters story.

Take a look at the picture. It clearly shows the MAzda parked on the line ( not parked properly )

Take a look at the picture. It clearly shows the MAzda parked on the line ( not parked properly )

See above. The Mazda is parked within it's lines, the Leon is parked over it's line. How do you know the layout of the car park?

The photo proves absolutely nothing.

There are two lines in the pic. The Mazda is on one, the Seat is well over the other.

Hang on a sec, look at that number plate, I reckon the OP doctored it, I'm starting to wonder about their integrity...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was going to put a :rolleyes: up against one of the posts in this thread, but there's so may trolls/muppets I don't know which one to pick. Idiots.

Well done OP. Keep naming and shaming these inconsiderate, ignorant assholes.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

number plate looks dodgy....numbers look uneven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

dahamsta wrote:
    I was going to put a :rolleyes: up against one of the posts in this thread, but there's so may trolls/muppets I don't know which one to pick. Idiots.

Well done OP. Keep naming and shaming these inconsiderate, ignorant assholes.

adam

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

that's why you should always go for the sunroof option!

• Advertisement

Am I really the only one who can see the SECOND WHITE LINE???

Anan1 wrote:
    Am I really the only one who can see the SECOND WHITE LINE???

No. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52303948&postcount=15

I think you may be one of few who actually want to see it.

You're not seriously trying to suggest that the clear white lines should be ignored in favour of what are obviously older, obsolete markings, a blind donkey could pick out the difference :(

Dyflin wrote:
    You're not seriously trying to suggest that the clear white lines should be ignored in favour of what are obviously older, obsolete markings, a blind donkey could pick out the difference :(

The photograph is inconclusive, do you not agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

Come on, the second white line is an old one and the car park was repainted. How many car parks do you know that have a buffer zone between spaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,800 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

why is anyone making an issue of the second, mainly blacked out line, when there is clearly a bright white line.... Why would they put a BRIGHT WHITE line inside a parking space that is not even nearly visible enough?

The mazda is parked poorly, horribly so, if you don't think so i hope i never have the misfortune of you parking beside me.

upsfan wrote:
    Come on, the second white line is an old one and the car park was repainted.
    How do you know?
    upsfan wrote:
    How many car parks do you know that have a buffer zone between spaces?
    I've seen it before. Haven't you?

Bluetonic wrote:
    See above. The Mazda is parked within it's lines, the Leon is parked over it's line. How do you know the layout of the car park?

The photo proves absolutely nothing.

You can't be serious - Really~?

You can't be serious - Really~?
    Well yes, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just to clarify the reason that I left it is because irrespective of which car parked first, the Mazda should have parked properly (within the more noticable white lines) and if they couldn't do that then they should either park elsewhere or not be driving!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement