Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A big thank you

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kbannon wrote:
    Just to clarify the reason that I left it is because irrespective of which car parked first, the Mazda should have parked properly (within the more noticable white lines) and if they couldn't do that then they should either park elsewhere or not be driving!
    How do you know that only the newer white line in the pic is valid? Is it not possible that the space between the two lines is a buffer area to allow people to easily enter and exit their cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

Its not great parking by any stretch but hardly boxed in. And hardly worth taking a picture and posting up on an internet forum to complain. There really are some weirdos out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anan1 wrote:
    How do you know that only the newer white line in the pic is valid?
    Because the other one is painted over. Are you blind?

dahamsta wrote:
    Because the other one is painted over. Are you blind?
    Go easy on the personal insults, I'd hate to see you getting banned. What makes you think it's painted over, as opposed to just worn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

While we are thanking people could i express my gratitude to the complete muppet in the red Isuzu trooper and horse box who travelled at all of 40 MPH from Ballinasloe to Galway city last night. You are an inconsiderate, miopic fu*kwit of the highest order. If you had used your mirrors or even cared to think or look you would have noticed the queue of cars you had held up behind you. I pulled in out of total frustration and a considerably rasied blood pressure count at Oranmore and counted 94 (yes 94 cars) that you had managed to accumilate behind you. That entire road had a hard shoulder that you could have pulled into for 5 minutes to let the traffic pass you, but no you prefered to sit in the middle of the road and hold everyone up. While a few others tried to kill themselves and others in their suicidal efforts to get around your big fat arsed horse box.

Hats off to you, you cnut. I hope the horse kicked you in the head when you went to unload it.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    Go easy on the personal insults, I'd hate to see you getting banned.
    You're insulted by someone asking if you're blind? As far as I'm concerned you're either trolling or blind, so which is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

Anan1, yes I have seen car parking spaces with buffer zones. BUT it is very rare. AND I have never seen a buffer zone where one half is freshly painted and the other half is worn away almost completely. They also tend to have diagonal lines painted in between. I am sure the OP can confirm that it was _not_ a buffer zone. Christ, why am I even bothering replying to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

While we are thanking people could i express my gratitude to the complete muppet in the red Isuzu trooper and horse box who travelled at all of 40 MPH from Ballinasloe to Galway city last night.

Is this legal what that guy in the trooper was doing?

Ive seen it a hundred times, whether its a horsebox, trailer or caravan being towed.. Fair enough I can understand them taking their time as chances are the horsebox has a horse or two in it and driving like a lunatic wouldnt exactly be good for the passangers of the horsebox, but as Fozzie said, would 2 mins driving anyway closely to the hard shoulder, or pulling in for 2 mins really hurt anyone???

Back on topic, most carparks that have set spaces in between spaces usually have them painted in yellow and criss cross lines, similar to found in yellow boxes at junctions in them.. well the ones that I've seen anyway.

Tox

dahamsta wrote:
    You're insulted by someone asking if you're blind? As far as I'm concerned you're either trolling or blind, so which is it?
    Perhaps you should take some time to compose yourself. When you've calmed down, you might be able to tell me how you know that the fainter white line has been painted over, as opposed to just being worn. Or are personal insults the closest you can get to a rational debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Anan1- have you ever heard of Ockham's razor? I somehow doubt that the OP would have been put into this situation if there was in fact a large buffer zone on either side of the space, you know.

• Advertisement

blorg wrote:
    Anan1- have you ever heard of Ockham's razor? I somehow doubt that the OP would have been put into this situation if there was in fact a large buffer zone on either side of the space, you know.
    If there was a buffer zone between the spaces then it looks like the OP parked on it. The simple fact is that, Occam's Razor or not, the OP's pic doesn't give anyone enough information to conclusively judge the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Dyflin wrote:
    to the owner of the Mazda who blocked me in yesterday afternoon. They made sure they had plenty of space for themselves but never bothered about anyone else. It takes reall skill to drive like this... :mad:

Tight.jpg

Would seem that reversing into parking spaces is a disappearing skill also...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yes, Anan1, you are entirely right, IF there was a buffer zone between the spaces. Here's one for you- maybe it was the OP parking over the actual line but he got out and painted a NEW line himself under the Mazda just so he could post that pic on boards.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Does anyone agree that this thread could do with being killed?

Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kbannon wrote:
    Does anyone agree that this thread could do with being killed?

Oh God, please feel free to do so at any time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Your wish is my command!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement