Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reserving a Registration Number

Options
  • 06-11-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Ok so I'm reserving a reg plate. I have done this before for the past few years. Here's the deal:

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/vehicle_registration_numbers.html

So i ring up this morning to ask what time they will find out at as if i don't get the number i obviously want to say "oh right ok well can i put the money down on such and such a number instead so?" But the lady on the phone told me they will not be accepting calls for the next week. If i get the number the confirmation will be posted to me. If not i will get a refund in the post. Then next monday i can ring up and enquire what numbers are available. Now i don't remember this from previous years and i'd just like to know what others know about it?

As you know how paddy and jack and mary down the goverment offices will all have different answers for the same person :rolleyes: I certainly dont want to be the only one waiting and then finding out next week that i should have followed it up this week. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Funxy, I will send you an email (PM) in a few minutes which might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Is it a myth you can't get 666 ? Out of curiousity..
    TK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Is it a myth you can't get 666 ? Out of curiousity..
    TK

Myth. 90-L-666 is on an MX-5 in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Have not seen any in more recent years ... I think they skip the number by default ... but if someone is prepared to pay their EUR315 or whatever for it, I would say they would grap their readies, pretty lively. Just an opinion, not based on facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Thanks for your help Tom.

I'm sure it must be an urban myth, although if they did skip it i can't say i'd be all that surprised ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Amusingly, Intel skipped it in their line of Pentium 3 CPU's. They used to make them in 33 MHz steps, say 500, 533, 566, 600, 633 MHz etc. Mysteriously the next one was 667Mhz. Crazy marketing people, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

no, 06-WW-666 is on a Bentley in bray. And it's a lottery to get the plates... a lot of garages put in a lot of the same requests to get a better vchance of getting the plates. No doubt Des Cullen will have 07-D-430 and 07-D-4300 etc and Appleyard will get all the puegeot numbers, 206,207,307,407,1007,807 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

What car are you getting? Please tell me it is an exige!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

No fraid not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

if you own a citroen then living in cork you can get C2 to C8, but you cant get CI as the lord mayor gets that for his/her Mondeo. If you own a Mercedes C class you can get all the variations C I80 to C 43 AMG. I think in Laois you can get LS 430 for a Lexus. The other one is C IIO for a renault.
    I have seen many cars with 666 on their own. Ive also seen regs with I3 on its own.
    Was the plate I MPI ever issued. Ive seen an Hillman Imp with the reg IMP I.

Some Japanese imports also have single and double digits ie I3 or 666 or 555 etc even though the cars are recent imports but 7 or 8 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Interesting there is no car registered with any of these regs: 00D666 / 01D666 / 02D666 / 05D666
    Stephen wrote:
    Amusingly, Intel skipped it in their line of Pentium 3 CPU's. They used to make them in 33 MHz steps, say 500, 533, 566, 600, 633 MHz etc. Mysteriously the next one was 667Mhz. Crazy marketing people, eh?

Round 666.66666etc. Mhz and you get 667, not 666. No conspiracy theory there ;)

Advertisement