Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sim corrupted

• 30-10-2006 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

I am on O2 and have sent a few texts and sometimes I save them, however sometimes when I re-read them they contain bits of other texts either from others in the Inbox or Outbox. Sometimes the text is gone when I realise that extra paragraphs are present. It seems as if a "cut n paste" has occurred. The people I have sent texts to have pointed this out on at least 5 times over the past few weeks.

Texts are, in the main, sent from Mayo. Some texts are to international mobiles, but most are to Irish mobiles which I know are in Ireland at the time. I am on Pay as U Go and use a Nokia 6310i. I also cannot set up Call Diversion via the options on the mobile - it beeps and says "Not Done" or similar.

I guess I need a new mobile? Beeen tiking of a Nokia 6210i or Sony K800 but not sure about car kit i have already for the 6310i.

What are the options?

Regards

HPMan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can only divert to Voicemail on a Speakeasy phone.

As for your "corrupt SIM" issues - why not pop into O2/3G/Carphone and ask them to replace your SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

definitely try a replacement sim first as ciaranfo suggested. they're free so there's no harm. if you want to use your current car kit with a new phone you can get an adapter that will allow you to use more modern nokia phones in a 6310i car kit cradle. but they're a bit hit and miss and only work with certain phones. this is it:
    http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=456

Advertisement