Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post's (useless) Mail Minder Service

Options
  • 06-11-2006 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else ever used An Post's Mail Minder service? Its supposed to hold your mail while you are away from home for extended periods. I was recently away on holidays for 3 weeks and applied for this, but post continued arriving as normal. Found a heap of stuff onnthe hall floor when I got home and also a package under the front door mat and a letter from Eircom Phonewatch on the path outside the house, which had been opened (envelope and contents scattered on the path). What a load of crap. They took the €25 fee off my credit card straight away. Who knows what other of my post somebody has walked off with.

I have sent them a complaint, but can't imagine I will get anything coming close to an intelligent reply from them. Is there anything else I can do if I don't get an acceptable reply from them??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

File a complaint with the Ombudsman. It's quite likely they'll be forced to give you the money back. Don't bother with ComReg, they're a waste of space.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

dahamsta wrote:
    File a complaint with the Ombudsman. It's quite likely they'll be forced to give you the money back. Don't bother with ComReg, they're a waste of space.

adam

Adam, thanks for the link. I will wait and see what An post have to say for themselves before getting onto the ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

I think your money back would hardly be sufficient; as you say yourself, who knows what someone may have walked off with; I think compensation should be in order too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

their mail redirection service is also very poor. we moved house and set up redirection. some mail arrived at our new house so we assumed it was working fine.

then about 6 months after we had moved a whole load of mail arrived from our old address that had been forwarded on by the new owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

No reply from them yet. Strangely enough, got no post yesterday (Nov 6th), which is the day I had put on the form for resumption of normal deliveries, so they may have got the dates wrong. Will have to wait and see......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I would also be interested to know what happened here

Advertisement