Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Girls Cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mojito wrote:
    I'm sure it's a fun drive, but I'd be less embarrassed being seen in a pink Micra with eyelashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Is it panto season already? :)

Is it panto season already? :)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

anyway the point is: Steer well clear of French cars they are absolute rubbish" let's not lose sight of that.

What missing there is how well a car handles. Some people prize this above everything else. Not everyone and some people are just into how a car looks. I lot of modern cars have great grip, loads of power from a great engine and look fantastic. But the handling is at best numb. The problem I have with this girly car carp is that your dismissing some of the best handling cars, and thus great driving, just because you don't like the look of them. Once you are in them and driving you can't see the outside. Just park around the back of your house. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

What missing there is how well a car handles. Some people prize this above everything else. Not everyone and some people are just into how a car looks. I lot of modern cars have great grip, loads of power from a great engine and look fantastic. But the handling is at best numb. The problem I have with this girly car carp is that your dismissing some of the best handling cars, and thus great driving, just because you don't like the look of them. Once you are in them and driving you can't see the outside. Just park around the back of your house. :D

Fair comment, but in the back of your mind you just know.:D

junkyard wrote:
    Fair comment, but in the back of your mind you just know.:D

I always reckon that the right colour and the right wheels are critical in how care car looks. For example I'm much prefer this mini to the Maxpower lookalikes that were posted before. Too dear though.

http://cars.motornet.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=534151

Love to have a spin in one to see the handling lives up to it rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

el tel wrote:
    AdBeetle.jpg

class!

street ka is a girls car
    ka is a bit efeminate, but imo, is great craic to drive - like a big go-kart:D (the only one i'd buy is the sportka)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I drive a car that junkyard probably considers 'girly' (as it's a roadster) and I think several of you are missing this point:

I couldn't care less what people think of me when I'm driving my car. It doesn't matter to me one jot.

What does matter to me is this: how does the car handle? how responsive is it to what I want it to do? How does it perform? And how does it feel to drive it (i.e., is it fun)? And do I like the looks of it, regardless of what anyone else thinks?

But junkyard protests too much methinks. He says he's more interested in getting under a car than posing in it. But clearly he gives lots and lots of thought to which cars are posers' cars and which are not.

People like me don't give any thought at all to such questions: performance is most of what matters to us.

So who are the real car enthusiasts and who are the posers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

uberpixie wrote:
    I'm sorry but, the "new" style celicas are a wee bit girly.

The old style from the 90's were def far more gir manly.

Sadly the same applies for the MR2. They RUINED it.

Only the hariest of chests could drive such a feared road warrior. Now the hair has been replaced with boobies :(

• Advertisement

layke wrote:
    Sadly the same applies for the MR2. They RUINED it.

Only the hariest of chests could drive such a feared road warrior. Now the hair has been replaced with boobies :(

Its all in your head. All MR2's were considered hairdressers cars by the sheeple. But all of them are great drivers cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Rally? I've never seen a girl drive the old shape model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Ernie Ball wrote:
    I drive a car that junkyard probably considers 'girly' (as it's a roadster) and I think several of you are missing this point:

I couldn't care less what people think of me when I'm driving my car. It doesn't matter to me one jot.

Agree with this. I drive a car that was mentioned on the first page. I don't drive it for it's looks (although I do think it looks good) I drive it for how it drives. I don't care what people think about the car, no matter what car you drive, someones always going to think you're a plonker, or gay, or a snob.

layke wrote:
    Rally? I've never seen a girl drive the old shape model.

Theres 3 different generation of MR2, so there two old models. Occasionally you do see girls driving them, but they tend to be the ones who are keen drivers rather than posers. Ditto the male drivers.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

thread locked!
    A number of you should consider yourselves lucky that (for once) Im in a good mood and haven't banned a few of you!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Against my better judgement I have cleaned out this thread.
    If there are any more personal/direct insults like before then there will be an immediate 1 month ban and the thread gets locked again. I might just lock the entire forum!!!
    So be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had a thread like this started by someone called Racer Girl or something, it ended up in the Thunderdome where it spent many a happy hour.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Anan1 wrote:
    I'd have to disagree with that one, at least in Ireland. Any Audi TT I've ever encountered has been driven by a nervous IT nerd in his mid 20s.

Maybe. But they usually have a babe in the passenger seat. So - who's laughing then - you or the nerd?

I say this as the ex-owner of 2 TT's and still have my MX-5.
    Oh, and a Scenic. Well, 2, actually..........

But, for balance, I ride my bike to work. BMW R1150RT or DR or AA500. Need to keep 'rounded' and a foot in all camps LOL !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

You can't have a thread about girls cars without handbags.

galwaytt wrote:
    Maybe. But they usually have a babe in the passenger seat. So - who's laughing then - you or the nerd?
    Actually, they don't. Any real ladykillers I've known (and I've known a few) drive pretty practical cars. It's desperation that drives IT nerds to buy an Audi TT.

Edit: An MX5 is a different proposition altogether ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I bought an Audi TT in 2000 and needless to say I only kept it 6 weeks and sold it to a women.:)

Since its german with a decent engine, and not the greatest handling car, I would have thought all you medallion men would love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This thread is full of BS ...

It takes a REAL man to drive a pink micra.

A real man couln't give to hoots about norms and conformity ...he does what he pleases and he drives what he likes ...e s p e c i a l l y if that happens to be a pink micra !!

So there :D:D:D

(Did I mention that my Jimny is gold metallic? Gold is the new pink, right?)

peasant wrote:
    This thread is full of BS ...

It takes a REAL man to drive a pink micra.

A real man couln't give to hoots about norms and conformity ...he does what he pleases and he drives what he likes .
    True, but insecure men who have just invested large sums in the hope of improving their 'image' don't want to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I drive a 206. That's considered a girls car!
    But the 206 cc has to be more girly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

If there has to be an overall winner, I think it would be the new Beetle convertible. Has anyone ever seen a bloke driving one or know one who owns one?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Sparky-s wrote:
    I drive a 206. That's considered a girls car!
    But the 206 cc has to be more girly. :)

Anytime I pass a Peugeot 106 or 206 the driver is invariably a very good looking girl. They are definitely a car for hotties and for that reason alone they get a thumbs-up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

It seems that calling a car a 'girlie car' is an insult! Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

MargeS wrote:
    It seems that calling a car a 'girlie car' is an insult! Why?

well if you saw a man wearin' womens clothing you think "That looks odd" or "That just doesn't look right"

So when i see a guy in a car obviously designed for women (VW beetle, they might as well have called it knickers or tampons) then it just doesn't look right.

Now there is a difference between cars designed for girls and cars that have become associated with girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Bentley GT (in UK at least). Go to North Cheshire/South Manchester, nearly every GT you see is driven by a ladeee who lunches (no doubt amongst other things). Same for post 2002 Range Rovers and more often than not Cayennes.

All cars I'd like to own though (well probably not the Bentley:rolleyes: )

Advertisement