Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy Park Terenure

Options
  • 06-11-2006 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Looking for a little bit of help if you please.
    A friend of mine is looking to buy a 2 bed apartment in Bushy Park. Does anyone have any information on the complex?
    What is the layout like for a two bed? Are they all the same?
    What is the storage in the apartments like? Is there any problems with the parking? (2 cars) Any issues with crime? And finally, what the local amenities like? I presume that seeing as it close to Terenure, Rathfarnham etc, it can't be too bad!
    Anyone that can give me any information, I'd appreciate it!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The location is good if you like quiet city living. Bushy park itself is a great amenity right beside them. Don't know anything about the complex itself, other than there's been 7 apartments in this complex up for sale for months now, and some have been reducing their prices. 6 are still listed, your friend might want to consider whether he will get them cheaper in 6 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Overpriced I would say.

Haven't been into any of the apartments, but the complex is nice. It's right slap bang in the middle of two schools (in fact, the complex is built on grounds bought from the school/convent next door), so traffic is a serious problem at peak times. The main road running outside it is also a massive bottleneck (Templeogue Road/N81) - if you drive on it, you'll be queueing most of the time between 9 am and 6pm, 7 days a week. Bus services however are good - loads of routes, loads of busses, and bus lanes a lot of the way into town.

The area is generally quiet. Given the proximity of the two schools, there's the inevitable schoolkid crap, but nothing major. Bushy Park itself can be a bit dodgy late in the evenings on weekends - it's well known for gangs to come down from Crumlin/Kimmage/Ballyfermot to go drinking down the back where the Gardai don't patrol.

You have plenty of the usual amenities - pubs, schools, shops, beauty salons, etc etc, all within short walking distance.

If you ever find yourself stuck in town when there are no taxis, it's also walkable in a reasonable amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Reasonably sized c750sq ft but over 600k for that. Rediclously over priced as they always were since they were built. There is houses and Apartments in the estate all looking over each other. I dont think I could justify it. You can get fantastic 3 bed houses within 10 mins of there still in great areas

Advertisement