Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site ban for Re-registering during a ban

Options
  • 06-11-2006 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I logged into my account this morning (EWheelChair), expecting a ban i got last week for some random "Krad" comments (a ban i acknowledged, and accepted) to be lifted. Instead it told me i'd been banned for re-registering during the ban, which i did not. One of the lads here in my office has an account, but its been registered for over a year i think. He says he didn't make any posts in the past week, but has been browsing.

Could someone have mistaken his account for me registering through our static ip?

I regret having to make this account this morning, but what option did i have.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Ironically now,You have set up an account to get round a ban.I think you are in a lose lose situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EWheelChair2

How else do you susgest i tackle the problem? Send the mods smoke signals?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I regret having to make this account this morning, but what option did i have.

The Prison forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

E-Wheelchair(2) are you sure there is only one other boards.ie user in your comapny? Could someone else have set up an account during your ban?

Have a look at the banlist to find out who banned you (Beruthiel), PM the mod in question and explain your situation there.

I probably would have done this first before posting here :)

EDIT: Feylya, yep, that's what I thought too but wasn't sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How else do you susgest i tackle the problem? Send the mods smoke signals?

Post in the Prison under the system menu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EWheelChair3

You can't post ANYWHERE (including prison) when your site banned, all you get is a screen stating your reason for being banned and for how long. No instructions on anything. Delete your cookies and you can view boards again, you go to prison, new thread, login with the account in question and you recieve the same screen again.

Beruthiel, seeing as you were the one who banned all the accounts, why not trying to help me on this thread instead?!

I'm half giving up at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EWheelChair3

And please don't jump-ban this account (like you did the last) untill you've either decided to keep the original account banned or release it. I've no other way of trying to clear this up. Can't get your email address anywhere.

I won't be posting anything outside of this forum untill you've decided what you're going to do.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It has already been explained to you. Use the EWheelChair account and just post in Prison forum. You will be dealt with there. Continuing to create new accounts does nothing to help your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I assume this means you can post in Prison when your site banned. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You yourself have had at least one account banned within the past year.

Your excuse of "it was my colleague who did it" doesn't really hold up. I can't go into the reasons why because of Data protection reasons, but let's just say that the information you provided us upon signing up gave you away.

Incidentally, the one person who has signed up from your location, and who has not been banned, is the one person who I would have thought most likely to be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

seamus wrote:
    You yourself have had at least one account banned within the past year....

Did I? News to me ...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

And please don't jump-ban this account (like you did the last) untill you've either decided to keep the original account banned or release it. I've no other way of trying to clear this up. Can't get your email address anywhere.

I won't be posting anything outside of this forum untill you've decided what you're going to do.

:rolleyes:

discuss it with the mod in question via PM. until then no mod will deal with you, except in the form of a ban. multiple accounts are a bannable offense... creating multiple accounts while banned is just giving mods a reason to not allow you to post here anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ironically now,You have set up an account to get round a ban.I think you are in a lose lose situation.

"Catch 22" ... great book that .. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Temp
    seamus is not talking to you.

seamus wrote:
    but let's just say that the information you provided us upon signing up gave you away.

I have just looked at said information, and yes, you gave yourself away EWheelChair

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

There are many ways to shoot yourself in the foot. This is one of those ways! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I assume this means you can post in Prison when your site banned. :confused:
    I wasn't able to post in prison when I was sitebanned.

Could someone pleaseclarify this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

So how long until we see EWheelChair4 then?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

sean, Prison is broken at the moment. I've no idea when it's due back, but it's been out of commission for some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

Is there an alternative to Prison available?
    Without it there is no appeals process possible.
    Even Saddam Hussein has an appeals process at his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

sean, Prison is broken at the moment. I've no idea when it's due back, but it's been out of commission for some time now.

Ah that explains the lack of new inmates. Polmki's getting really boring.

• Advertisement

Is there an alternative to Prison available?
    Without it there is no appeals process possible.
    Even Saddam Hussein has an appeals process at his disposal.

Hussein is the custody of what is now (susposed to be) a democracy. Boards.ie is not a democracy.

I think we all know at this stage that Boards is not a democracy.
    Appeals are not just limited to democracies anyway, does the phrase "Royal Pardon" ring any bells?

If the Prison Forum is not the only conduit for appeals open to the banned what is its purpose?
    Other than to allow you to taunt the unfortunates that is.
    Why not just delete the forum and drop the pretence of fair redress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

This is a 100% hunch tbh, but worth checking out :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055012480

A new user called Krad? Mhhh, sounds familiar. EWheelChair4 perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bloody Gamerz.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Good riddance.

I think we all know at this stage that Boards is not a democracy.
    Appeals are not just limited to democracies anyway, does the phrase "Royal Pardon" ring any bells?

If the Prison Forum is not the only conduit for appeals open to the banned what is its purpose?
    Other than to allow you to taunt the unfortunates that is.
    Why not just delete the forum and drop the pretence of fair redress?

Who was pretending that it's there for fair redress? It's not there for fair redress it's there to taunt people who fail to observe some basic rules. Visible demonstrations of what happens to those who fail to follow those rules is a very effective educational tool.

In the rare case where someone is unfairly banned they can use the forum to air their argument. This can result in them being unbanned.

I for one generally only taunt those I know were banned for good reason.

BTW your signature quote is corrupt:

"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton

Sig now uncorrupted. Thanks for that. ;)

Sig now uncorrupted. Thanks for that. ;)

No bother, the "tends" part is quite important :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

so what does someone do if they wanna talk about their ban now

• Advertisement

Who cares? The vast majority of them are worthless scum.

Advertisement