Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Options
  • 06-11-2006 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

:confused: Hi all,

Im getting the following error when i attempt to upload info in Sequel DB on the server using ASp vbscript.. Any ideas...

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/sqs/chooseadd.asp, line 20

800401f3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Looks like what ever you're trying to create on line 20 doesn't exist, or is incorrectly registered, on the host you are trying to run this from. Google the error message for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Post up line 20 of your asp file called chooseadd.asp and I'll tell you exactly what's wrong! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

DJB wrote:
    Post up line 20 of your asp file called chooseadd.asp and I'll tell you exactly what's wrong! :)

This is line 20

Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I'd say you are on a windows 2003 server and it doesn't support cdonts anymore. The new one is cdosys. Have a look at the link below. It'll help you put in a new component or just use the function.

http://www.davidbehan.com/blog/?p=8

Rgds,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nogihno

some hosting providers dont support cdo objects at all, if that fails try a different model such as Persists or smtpsvg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You can also use Jmail or ASPmail.

Advertisement