Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching Laptop Content on TV

• 06-11-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

If I wanted to watch content that was on a laptop on a regular TV what cables or connections would I need?

Here's a list of the connections on the laptop in question.

4-pin IEEE 1394 integrated port (1394 cable and software sold separately)
    6-USB 2.0 (Universal Serial Bus) compliant 4-pin connectors
    RJ11 Modem port
    Video: Digital Video Interface (DVI)
    Video: 15-pin monitor connector
    S-Video: 7-pin mini-DIN connector
    Component Video and S/PDIF digital audio out
    5-in-1 removable memory card reader
    Audio jacks: Stereo headphones/speakers miniconnector (same as line-out), microphone miniconnector

Thanks in advance.

B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

does your graphics card have a tv out option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

BaZmO* wrote:
    Video: Digital Video Interface (DVI)
    S-Video: 7-pin mini-DIN connector

You would need an S-video cable for older TV's and an s-video to SCART connector. Get one from s-video.com, any of the ones I purchased in shops here did not work (gave black and white picture).

AFAIK, most newer LCD/Plasma TV's have DVI inputs, so presumably you would need a DVI cable. I am not to well up on these, though, so maybe someone else could confirm this is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cheers. I'll pass on the info. It's not actually my laptop it's a friends. I'll let you know how he gets on.

Advertisement