Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 cars from UK -> Ireland - please help!

Options
  • 06-11-2006 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I live in UK past 2 years and have 2 cars in my name , insured etc - I am now moving back home to Ireland for good and want to bring two cars back and not pay VRT - are you allowed bring back two cars????

Please let me know!

Thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

as far as I know it's a once off thing only...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

The condition is that the cars be registered in your name for at least 6 months in the UK. Can't see a problem with it. I wouldnt say i was bringing in 2 cars, just goto different VROs a week or so apart.

X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

look at the Oasis website, that hass all the rules.

Be aware that even if you are exempt from paying VRT on the cars, you still can't sell them for 12 months after registering them otherwise they will still get you.

Advertisement