Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Wireless Router

Options
  • 06-11-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know would NTL supply a free wireless router if I asked them? I know I'm probably asking for too much. Or how much would they charge me for it? I currently have a modem on its own.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

they will only supply a router when it is not possible to put a point where your pc is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

paulyx wrote:
    they will only supply a router when it is not possible to put a point where your pc is.

So if I rang them up and said "I've moved my PC can I have a wireless router?" will they just post it out or would an engineer need to call out to install it? I am moving my PC but only across my room and I don't want to have to run the cable around the whole room.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Tell them you are buying a laptop and need it for that. I think an engineer will have to call out to install it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

they gave me one with a new connection but wouldnt give me one with an old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i just got ntl installed a few weeks ago and i got a wireless router from them , although i did ask for one when i placed my order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement