Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the IDW transformers comics

Options
  • 06-11-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

for those who were asking the trades of infiltration and stormbringer are up on play.com. infiltrations in stock whereas stormbringers up as "out now waiting for stock". beastwars the gathering is on pre order for the first of december as is generations (a collection of marvel books from the early days)
    still no sign of "hearts of steel" though

for those who dont know the books (minus generations) have been pegged as an "ultimate" version reboot of the story and while im delighted to buy em as single issues they really do read better as trades. infiltration in particular where most of the action kicks in in the last two issues.

i'll lay my cards on the table and say i love the new take furmans took the bots. the series comes across as being on a much more mature and realistic tone with the scale of the conflict on a multi front pan galactic basis and for once the human characters arent annoying. in many ways it harkens back to the best of the UK comics circa target 2006 territory albeit with the scale of the war meaning he can draft in characters as an when he chooses from other fronts instead of lumping them all on earth ,and with furman giving interviews stating he's planned the stories over a TWO year period you just know something good is on the way.

if youve havet read the comic in years or not at all give em a shot. i guarantee you'll love what megatron does to starscream in the last part of infiltraton :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

Am I better off buying on line or making the trip into Forbidden Planet or Sub City?
    Have not bought a Transformer comic in a long time. Have still got a large collection of the Marvel US comic and most of the Dreamwave stuff. Never collected all of The War Within "The Dark Ages", sort of lost track.
    Want to get back into collecting at least one title and am looking for any recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well stormbringer is just finished and escalation is kicking off in november so if you get the trades of infiltration and stormbringer you'll be right up to speed if you wanna start collecting the comic as a monthly. IDW are doing the book as a series of what look like mini series but its really the same ongoing evolving story (if you look closely at the comics it should have a duel numbering system showing where it fits in the overall storyline, usually near the barcode) transformers is the only comic im commited to buying as a monthly so i always get it in the 3rd place in templebar but ive been buying the new avengers comic solely in trade form off play.com and its working out at about half the price of single issues so id recomend them. i think infiltration is going for 14.99 and stormbringer is going for 13.50 so if getting em cheap is important the on line meathod is the way to go. im waiting for em to release "hearts of steel" myself but theres no sign of it yet

that said IDW are putting the price of the monthly up by a dollar so its $3.99 for escalation per issue now. depending where you go that'll work out as circa 5 euro a comic. it doesnt bother me that much cause ive dropped loads of other titles so i can absorb it but it does make the trade option more attractive.

personally i think you'll like it, megatron hasnt been written this well in ages. he actually comes across as as big a threat as galvatron did under furman. half the deceps are terrified of him and though he doesnt turn up till near the end of infiltration he sure as hell makes an impact :D

the arts pretty nice too. EJ Sue does infiltration and escalation and harkens back to the marvel uk style while don figuroea does the stormbringer one. if you liked his work in the dreamwave book you'll love that one.

in case your wondering the timeline reads infiltration:stormbringer:escalation:devastation, after that hasnt been anounced

hearts of steel is an out of continuity book in IDWs evolutions line showcasing TF in different eras kinda like marvels what if and dc's elsworlds but there should be a trade coming next year collecting the spotlight books which while not essential do throw more light on the regular ongoing story and i'd advice you get that . for instance the first shockwave story shows why theres energon on earth at all

happy hunting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

Thanks a mil, I will pick up those trades as soon as I can. Actually looking forward to some comic reading.

Advertisement