Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5 Inch Shot Shells

Options
  • 06-11-2006 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Anybody know where buy 3.5 inch shot shells. Within a decent drive of Dublin?

They seems to be scarce. I can order them locally, but the min order is 2000. I can only seem to get the odd few here and there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Brian Duffy (www.shoot.ie) stocks Remington 3.5inch BB rounds.. does mail order if thats any good...

Hard enough to come by, still have 4 boxes of Express No.6 :D which I bought two years ago.. great for high flying duck ... need a very tight choke!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

FAB24 wrote:
    Anybody know where buy 3.5 inch shot shells. Within a decent drive of Dublin?

They seems to be scarce. I can order them locally, but the min order is 2000. I can only seem to get the odd few here and there.

Thanks in advance.

what do ya want 'em for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FAB24

Terrier wrote:
    Brian Duffy (www.shoot.ie) stocks Remington 3.5inch BB rounds.. does mail order if thats any good...

Hard enough to come by, still have 4 boxes of Express No.6 :D which I bought two years ago.. great for high flying duck ... need a very tight choke!

Thanks for the info. I'll give him a call.

Vegeta wrote:
    what do ya want 'em for?

To shoot from my gun!..... Ask a silly question!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

so you want expensive ammo just for the sake of shooting it

you've no particular game or vermin in mind no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Dunno whats with all these fancy cartridges remember being out with a guy two years ago kitted out to the last fancy shotgun and 3" 53gm cartridges did he hit anything ....no

Not saying your a bad shot or anything but surely the normal 2 3/4 should handle most stuff with 3" for geese and fox's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Got a couple of boxes of 3.5 inch 64g BB's ages ago from Duffys. The intention was to use them after foxes. But, after trying them out I found they didn't pattern great for me, and kicked like a bad tempered mule. Put it this way you wouldn't want to fire a follow up shot if you needed to. I agree though that they're great fun, I used mine for target practise to be honest, used one on clays :D actually made dust of it. Will I buy more, maybe, maybe not, probably not infact, but that's just me. Safe shooting whatever you decide :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

ring john butler in griffin hawe he might have some 3.5 inch remington turkey load left over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Ok... probably a silly question ...
    Are you sure you have 3.5" chambers in your shotgun ...?

If so..... what type / make is it..?

jaycee wrote:
    Ok... probably a silly question ...
    Are you sure you have 3.5" chambers in your shotgun ...?

If so..... what type / make is it..?

Yep have a 3.5 chambered Beretta Xtrema2. Great for mixing loads from 2 3/4 and up. Use O/U for clays. Xtrema for waterfoul & clays.

I agree with previous quote about followup kick. One shot one kill and all that. Prior to any shooting season I do what I'm sure you all do. That is to test pattern with different chokes and loads to ensure you have no holes is your shot. i.e. 40 X 40 inch paper with target (choose your own distance) and fire away. Works for me and reduces the need for followup shots.. I do miss like everybody else but try to reduce it.

It's just annoying sometimes when you ask a question for help to get valuable information, and all you get is a question a Garda would ask you.
    Maybe I over reacted...?:)

Thanks for all the replies. I've followed up your leads to a successful conclsion.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

johngalway wrote:
    But, after trying them out I found they didn't pattern great for me

Slap a turkey choke on your shotgun..and watch the pattern get a whole lot tighter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Terrier wrote:
    Slap a turkey choke on your shotgun..and watch the pattern get a whole lot tighter!

Cheers Terrier, I'll have to get a turkey choke and try that out :)

Advertisement