Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying an Accord Se Exec 2000-2002

Options
  • 06-11-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Am currently trying to source an Accord Se Exec around the 2000-2002 vintage.

- Was originally looking for the 2 litre but read recently that the 1.8 litre has plenty of power with the benefit of much lower running costs. Can anyone here comment from experience? - Am currently driving a '96 Civic LS 1.6 litre which isn't too far off size-wise and is not underpowered - but is not amazing either.

Also anyone know of somebody selling one - got "lot-sniped" on Ebay.co.uk last weekend for a pristine example - lot-sniping uk cnuts! :(

Have been keeping an eye on Carzone here at home but like everything else in this country the prices are not in any way related to the god-damned product....is cheaper to import and pay a wad of VRT :rolleyes:

Raiser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Yes, all the good ones in the past tended to be in the main dealer network (at high prices). They are getting on a bit now so more likely to be sold as trade sales among dealers. Bolands (Waterford) and their sister garages use to have quite a few ex Hertz (No 1 Club / Entry Level, Executive Fleet) Auto cars over the years.

Probably best to buy in the UK or may be in the North. Not the type of car that would be abused ... most people who I know who owned cars like these were bank managers & such like.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not sure the Accord ES or SE Executive was ever sold in Ireland with the 1.8 litre VTEC engine. Afaik they were all 2.0 litre in the ROI and are very rare. BTW the 1.8 litre engine has around 135bhp which is more than enough for Irish roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

we have a 00 1.8 and its really good, the quality from a build and driving perspective is top class, ours is an auto/tip and I dont think i'd ever go back to a manual again. all the comforts elec windows, sunroof with aircon, The only minus is that it is heavy on the juice, main dealers can be expensive and ours blew a headgasket after 3 - 4 months, no one believes me about that.. 1000 euros as it was fully serviced then also....unlucky i guess!!! nothing else has gone wrong.

Advertisement