Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Mid-Week" eL games

• 06-11-2006 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Monday 6th
    St Pats Vs Cork City

Tuesday 7th
    Drogheda Vs Derry
    Sligo Vs Shels

Ill certainly be shouting for an away win tonight, Sligo to win tomorrow night, and a draw between Drogs and Derry.

Realistically, I see a draw tonight in Richmond, a draw in Drogheda and a Shels win in Sligo.

What fun we would have if Shels were to lose, Derry to draw, and City to win. It would certainly set up the final week of the season (depending on when, or if, it happens).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    Ill certainly be shouting for an away win tonight
    :confused:

I'd be confused if you weren't.

Drogs to take points from Derry again, would be sweet.

Then if we do the biz against Sligo I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

We will either gain great team spirit from Seans departure or implode tommorow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just realised we were playing tonight.

Hope I can finish work and get down for the game.

Our performance at the start of the year in Inchicore was awful but we still could have nicked a point when a handball wasnt given,

Think were in better shape now with Roy up front. Pats will go to win so I think it will be a cracking game.

Prediction 1-2 City...Neal Fenn with a free-kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We the form team in the league (lol not often i get to say that) and going for our 6th win on the spin in all comps (even rarer).

Working tonight so wont make it down, i expect a win so we can finish on 45 points and above Sligo for 5th, what i hoped at the start of the season but with Sligos capitulation i dont think we will need 45 points but would be nice to run out the season on form.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KdjaCL wrote:
    We the form team in the league (lol not often i get to say that) and going for our 6th win on the spin in all comps (even rarer).

Working tonight so wont make it down, i expect a win so we can finish on 45 points and above Sligo for 5th, what i hoped at the start of the season but with Sligos capitulation i dont think we will need 45 points but would be nice to run out the season on form.

kdjac

Just keep that form up on Friday night. I'd hate to think Pat's would field a weakened team or suddenly not play well against Derry, in case Pat's lose the cup final. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If your username starts with K and ends with L, look away..... NOW!
    St Pats 0 Cork City 1(Donovan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well I suppose if Pat's lose tonight it might make Friday's defeat to Derry look a bit genuine.

Expect a lot of funny money on Derry to win on Friday night.

With Johnny Mac in charge at Pat's it puts a different perspective on that Zebra3.

i don't think they'll roll over as easily as people think they might.

And they still want fifth place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

When I look at the silly points dropped this season, it makes me angry. The loss to Bray a few weeks ago, the draws with Longford and UCD. Just to name those three, games which we really should have won, had we won, we would be sitting pretty now. Not to mention the gifted point we gave Derry in August.

Ifs, buts and wherefores.

The last week of the season is going to be interesting. I dont think we will win it, but while it is possible, I can dream.

Roll on Friday.

Drogs currently one up on Derry.

Shels 0-0 in Sligo.

• Advertisement

About 30-35 mins gone in each game now.

Drogs 2-0 Derry
    Sligo 0-1 Shels

I hope to good god it stays like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Kenny bottling it. Who woulda thunk it?

Why did Bohs go to ****e when he left so?:rolleyes:

LOL

The only game they haven't bottled in recent times was the one against us ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Thats it then. Shels are champions!!!!

Hopefully Derry can win the cup to put 3 good teams in europe

Why did Bohs go to ****e when he left so?:rolleyes:

We were already on the slide, then Gareth Farelly happened. Yes he is a class manager but it is certainly not the first time hes gotten it wrong at the business end of the season.

finnpark wrote:
    Thats it then. Shels are champions!!!!
    :eek:

WTF?

It's not over, not over, not over, not over yeh-et.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Deery pulls one back for Derry....

It was Paddy McCourt I think.

Unless it's 2-2 now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

livescore says deery.

• Advertisement

So do our arch rivals Foot.ie

I hold my hands up so.

Deery it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

2-0 Shels

Which was an OG

Last few mins and Barrett has bagged his hattrick against Derry.

Lovely stuff.

Great results tonight for us.
    Drogheda Utd 3-1 Derry City RES
    Barrett 10, 28, 88 Deery 46

Sligo Rovers 0-2 Shelbourne RES
    S Byrne 26
    Hughes og 68

Six points clear, two games left for us, three for Derry.

I'll be happy with a draw in Turner's Cross Friday, but a win will seal the league, meaning that Derry will have to score an absolute shed load in the game in hand to catch our GD.

Happy with this, as it means we won't need the points from the Bohs game after all.

Shels to lose now. Great result up in Sligo.

Drogheda are Derry's Bogey team it seems. Wonder will Barrett fulfull his massive potential now. Was the next big thing in Irish soccer a few years ago but lost his way.

I think Shels can scrape a draw on Friday which should be the clincher.

I can't believe Derrys capitulation. They have blown it sky high by the looks of it.

Question : should Shels win the league, with Derry second, and they win the cup, does that mean that 3rd place gets UEFA while 4th gets inter toto?

Those 2 results could not have been worse for City last night. Not looking forward to friday as much anymore.

Bateman called it, Derry to hammer Shels and then blow it. Whatever about losing to Drogheda a home draw to Bray at this stage of the season is unnaceptable for a team challenging for the title

D D D D L L W D W D L = Derry results the last 11 games.

Whatever about losing to Drogs, but that is NOT league winning form, not in the slightest.

Derry play Pat's on Friday, so I'd expect them to win that one, but Pat's may be looking for the psychological edge for the Cup Final.

I expect the arbitrator to decide that the points deduction is punishment enough for Bohs, and won't award the three points to Shelbourne. This is due to be decided on Friday, but I can see that being pushed back to Saturday, until the results of Friday night are known. We could win the league on Friday if we get a better result than Derry, which would render the Arbitrator irrelevant to the outcome of the League title.

• Advertisement

I take it Ollie will still look for Derry to get a 9point deduction along with taking legal action over the Bohs game even if Shels win the league on Friday? For the good of the game and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

A good night for Shelbourne with their away win and Derry losing as well so things looking more and more like its going to be Shels title this year. They can even afford to lose at Cork now as Derry are not likely to win all their games.

Good as well that the point from the Bohs game wont make any difference and I would hope that the powers that be and the clubs would sit down and be able to sort out an agreeable sanction that would not see Bohs having to play a match which is pointless, literally, for them.

Redspider

seansouth wrote:
    D D D D L L W D W D L = Derry results the last 11 games.

Whatever about losing to Drogs, but that is NOT league winning form, not in the slightest.

I hadnt realised that Derrys recent results were so poor. Europe obviously took a huge toll on them. And people said that Cork Citys travels would cost them last season, well it certainly seemed to cost Derry. That, and they are bottlers.

But to say that a home draw to Bray is unacceptable, well, these things happen in football. Last season City lost 0-1 to a poor Pats team, who played most of the game with 10 men. They had a second man sent off late on in injury time. The season before, Shels lost 4-1 to a lousy Longford side in their 2nd or 3rd last match.

Shels will not win the league in Turners Cross friday night. They will next week though. I just hope City can get 2 wins and clinch second spot for UEFA and Setanta qualification, then i wont have to worry about the cup final.

gimmick wrote:
    I hadnt realised that Derrys recent results were so poor. Europe obviously took a huge toll on them. And people said that Cork Citys travels would cost them last season, well it certainly seemed to cost Derry.
    Yeah, but I hate when teams blame success for a lack of success, it defies logic...
    gimmick wrote:
    That, and they are bottlers.
    ...but that is absolute quality. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

gimmick wrote:
    Shels will not win the league in Turners Cross friday night.

Getter anything better than Derry, and oh yes we do! ;) A draw will seal it if Derry lose I believe.

Great night up in Sligo on Tuesday! Sets us up nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

1-0 to Dundalk with 5 mins to go. 83rd minute goal for the Lilywhites.
    At least we haven't gifted Rovers the title. Hopefully they'll crack on Friday night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement