Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking e6400

Options
  • 06-11-2006 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Trying to overclock my cpu on gigabyte GA-965P-S3. Comes with windoes utility for doing so(Easy tune 5).

When i try to overclock the cpu it automatically increases the ram speed.The ram is already operating at 800 mhz (cosar pc6400).

Even a small increase in the cpu speed results in an automatic large increase in memory speed(above 1 ghz!!!)

Have read reviews where people have easily achieved 2.8-3ghz no prob with this set up.

Have tried oc in the bios, latest version but it still has the same effect.

Any Suggestions, cheers,

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 P__l

Should have mentioned i dont want to oc my ram, 800mhz is fast enough

is there any way to overclock the cpu without increasing the ram,

thanks again

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok first .. dont overclock by windows u will have to read a few guides and then do it by bios ..oh and by basicly overclocking ur cpu u overclock ur ram that whats dividors are for..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

higher ram frequency = higher bandwidth.

So you dont want to overclock the ram why now ?

Also you can hit 3.3ghz on the stock cooling with that chip.
    www.tomshardware.com have a article about it.

Advertisement