Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Timeout?

Options
  • 06-11-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

?
    I use boards at home and i am set to always be logged in but here in work if im not active it seems to timeout after about 15-20 mins and loging in again and agai nis reley annoying.

I went into user CP and i cant find any option to change the time out to 1 hour is there any way to change this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There is no keep active setting, I don't think. What browser did you use? Did you try clearing your cache? Since its at work, it might be blocking cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Did you tick the 'Remember me' box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

wow thanks for the quick answers mods i normelly moan at u guys for locking topics that dont deserve to be locked but anyway...

I didnt click remember me cause my boss in not in today and ive been using her pc untill my own pc arrives at my new job, i just wanted to know if i can change the timeout settings on boards and i cant, cookies are enabled

I used IE Explorer 6 because as i said i dont have my own pc yet to set up firefox 2.0

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You're automatically logged out of boards when you have been inactive for a period of time, 15-20 minutes, I believe. There's nothing you can do to change that, so your options are: A) Refresh the page every 14 minutes or B) log back in everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ok cheers anyway ill just keep refreshing till i get my own pc set up here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The timeout of cookies are set in the admin side of boards. Usually 900 seconds is the norm.

'Remember me' is just the function to override the timeout on your session.

In any case you are worried about traces of your log in details being left on your boss's PC, when you're in another session again, just remember to click log out. This in return will actually clear all the cookies so that no log in info is left behind.

Advertisement