Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new sound card for laptop

Options
  • 06-11-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    wondering if anyone can help me, gotta get a new soundcard for a dell lattitude laptop as the last one got fried. Want to try and replace the internal one if possible as I don't want an external one hanging off the side. I'm wondering if anyone can reccomend some compatible soundcards at reasonable prices.I only need it for playing music although it is high quality audio through a pretty decent speaker system so would preffer something reasonably high spec. Any help would be much appreciated
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You cant replace the internal sound card unless it was running from a miniPCI slot and it is very unlikely that it was as would be sourcing a replacement.

There isn't a whole lot of choice in this field if you want something partially inside the laptop a PCMCIA device is the one to go for.

The Creative Xmod is also a possibility see this review but it is external but not too large either.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

8T8 wrote:
    You cant replace the internal sound card unless it was running from a miniPCI slot and it is very unlikely that it was as would be sourcing a replacement.

There isn't a whole lot of choice in this field if you want something partially inside the laptop a PCMCIA device is the one to go for.

The Creative Xmod is also a possibility see this review but it is external but not too large either.

thanks 8T8,
    both look like they'd do the job alright in light of the fact that i just learned that no, my old soundcard was not on a miniPCI slot:( . Thanks for your help:)

Advertisement