Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 8 where to run

• 06-11-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone any suggestions for where to go running in the Dublin 8 area?
    I am a beginner and used to run in the Phoenix park but now that the evenings are dark - I don't really feel safe running on my own.

Does anyone know any running clubs in the area or anyone want to be my running buddy.

I'm female aged 30 and I only run for approx 10 mins at a time at the moment - then walk for a bit, stretch and another 10 mins etc;

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ardmore02

Hi dublin8running,
    Where abouts in dublin 8 do you live. Near Kilmainham? Well there are a few clubs near. Liffey Valley is there on Island Bridge, or Donore on chapelizod road.
    As for running, I agree the Park isn't that lit up except for the main road. I usually run on the path anywhere where there are street lamps. I know it is a bit of a pain going up and down from Kerbs and traffic etc, but as for grass or parks, not sure there are any around unless you join a club. Donore train tue and thurs at 7:00 and go for a run in a big group always where it is lit.

Advertisement