Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with AA Navigator

Options
  • 06-11-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out here. I bought the AA Navigator all in one (PDA & Software) back in May when the 100% mapping for Ireland first arrived. The last couple of weeks I've started having a bit of a problem with it. The unit is a Typhoon MyGuide (XL 7000 I think), which has a built in GPS receiver.
    The AA software recently has failed to get a fix, and on checking the GPS status in Set up the message "<Unplugged/Setup Wrong>" appears. Now the GPS cannot be unplugged as it is internal, and I have never manually altered the set up:confused: . The GPS will eventually work with the software after between 1 and 10 soft resets of the unit. Typically 4/5. I have not yet tried re-installing the software. Was wondering did anyone else have similar problems before? or can they shed any light on the situation. My non technical mind says that it is more likely that the software is not recognising the GPS receiver for some reason, than that there is a problem with the receiver itself.

I have e-mailed the support desk for the product, but I don't hold my breath as I did not get an answer to a previous simple query a few months ago.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quiggs1000

Hi there,

I've used AA navigator with a bluetooth GPS receiver and have had somewhat similar problems. Halfway through a journey it seems to drop the signal and the map disappears, yet the voice commands can still be heard. A few minutes later I'm able to turn the map back on and all is fine again. Definitely seems like a software problem to me, as I've used this receiver with other packages and never had similar issues.

Advertisement