Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicemove.ie versus Daft.ie

Options
  • 06-11-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone think one of these sites is better than the other for selling a house? Both cost about the same for advertising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Can only speak for myself - I use Daft and Myhome only. Do either provide traffic figures?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Daft.ie is the established website for rentals (wanted and offered) and has a particularly strong following in the Dublin area (Cork and Galway have a massive market in classifieds- but an increasing presence on this site).

Myhome.ie is the website to which most of the major estate agent chains are affiliated and is very strong nationwide for the purchase/sale of property.

Nicemove.ie / Sherlockhomes.ie and many others have been recently established and might not have the reputation and history of some of the other sites.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

would you say that most areas outside Dublin and the major cities, that the classifieds are a better place to place an ad than on a website such as Daft?

When I placed the house I'm currently selling on Daft to rent the first time, I got more response for the ad on the local rag than I did from Daft.

If you're selling, myhome.ie is the defacto standard site for placing the house.
    Thereafter the classifieds, irrespective of where you are selling......

Decide what market you are aiming to cater to, and then decide which is the best method to target that particular market (aka whats the best way to get the best bang for your buck....)

smccarrick wrote:
    If you're selling, myhome.ie is the defacto standard site for placing the house.
    Thereafter the classifieds, irrespective of where you are selling......

Decide what market you are aiming to cater to, and then decide which is the best method to target that particular market (aka whats the best way to get the best bang for your buck....)
    myhome is just for estate agents ?

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    myhome is just for estate agents ?

Myhome.ie uses estate agents as affiliates.
    It is normally possible to have the property listed through a local estate agent for a set fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

myhome.ie also only gets about 60% of all properties on the market.

This is a new site :

http://www.propertynews.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Myhome is a Dublin centric site, there is nothing on it for Galway.

If buying or selling in Galway try the Advertiser or Daft, myhome is a waste of money.

Myhome has 300 houses in all of Galway when you search it while Daft has 1700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Hunt For Property.ie is completely free for estate agents. You could get in touch with a local estate agent, tell them to register: http://www.huntforproperty.ie/ and you can place your ad completely free.

Shane Ross is supposed to have endorsed this one:

www.privateseller.ie

I had a quick look at it, seems a bit flakey- e.g. specifying a property search in Dublin under 400k has brought up rental as well as sale properties......

Someone needs to do a little more coding perhaps......

• Advertisement

I have just put an ad in the local paper classifieds section for the next 2 weeks....if no luck from that I'll have to hand it over to an estate agent as I won't have the time after that to do any weekend viewings. Fingers crossed, I get some interest before then

Advertisement