Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailored Shirts?

• 06-11-2006 6:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever got their shirts tailor made? I am very slim and find that most normal shirts are to big and puffy at the bottom. Sometimes I can find nice fitting shirts in shops, but I would like to see about getting them tailor made. One of my mates is Italian and gets them made back home, he is also thin and they look so much better when the fit correctly. He can pay €80-€140 but I'm hoping it will not cost this much.
    Where would I go to find out more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

I have to say I know nothing about this - I'm a simple man (in so many ways) with simple tastes.

But it seems a tad optimistic to hope that good old Ireland would be cheaper than Italy for tailored shirts.

I'd love for this country to surprise me and not prove to be so predictable, but unless you have any compromising shots of Mister Copeland I wouldn't hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Zascar wrote:

Has anyone here ever got their shirts tailor made? I am very slim and find that most normal shirts are to big and puffy at the bottom. Sometimes I can find nice fitting shirts in shops, but I would like to see about getting them tailor made. One of my mates is Italian and gets them made back home, he is also thin and they look so much better when the fit correctly. He can pay €80-€140 but I'm hoping it will not cost this much.

Take a holiday to Bangkok and get suited up. I was there a few years ago and got measured up for suits and shirts.

Now every 6 months or so I fax in a new order and they mail it to me.

Two jackets, 4 pairs of pants and 6 shirts will set you back about €250 including postage. Good quality cashmere wool suits and cotton shirts. You can bring along the latest Armani catalogue you nicked from Brown Thomas and tell them to make ur stuff in designs from there.

If a Thai holiday is out of your budget then you could go to a tailor here and get measured for about €20 and then fax your details to a tailor in Bangkok.

PM me if you want details of a tailor

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

now thats a good idea... Ph4t, pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Zascar wrote:

The post about Thailand is a good one but if you get a shirt tailor made in Ireland and it costs you only the price above then I think you'll be doing well, after all you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I "think" you can tailored shirts in Pink near the top of the Cafe on Seine street (Sorry Im crap at names).

I keep meaning to go in and see how much they cost, but havent made it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm sure tailored Thomas Pink shirts would be very expensive.

Anyone know off hand where you can get nice 'slim fit' shirts - I did get one from Zara, but are there other places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Zascar wrote:

Anyone know off hand where you can get nice 'slim fit' shirts - I did get one from Zara, but are there other places?

Thomas Pink do have a slim fit selection, but you'd be charged about 125 euros if my memory serves me correctly. There's a place further down Dawson Street that do slimmer fitting shirts aswell, Henry Jerewyn or something along those lines. They would almost certainly be cheaper than Thomas Pink.

River Island do them too. And they would be far cheaper than the two places I mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Same as yourself - have a slim build and find many shirt too 'puffy' as you mention.
    Next have a nice line of Slim Fit shirts that fit me perfectly.
    Prices are from 30 to 45 I think, and they are good decent quality too (IMO).
    Worth trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I second the thailand recommedation. I got a cashmere suit, 4 shirts and an extra set of pants for 140euro. There lovely, fit me well and were cheap. Il be sending the bangkok tailor off an order for another load of shirts in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

can someone pm these tailors in thailand sounds like a great idea . do they accept credit cards or what how do you guys pay?

Now off to somewhere who will measure me up , any ideas?

• Advertisement

I cant remember the payment methods of the tailors, dunno if they take CCs but they take paypal. the n shippin he told me would cost about 25euro, fully insured.

Il get the details of my tailor over there and you can send him an email. Email a few of them cos the price varies massivly and tell them your emailing other tailors so they will give you a bottom price.

The only problem i can envisage is the tailor i had measured me up a few times, making adjustments inbetween before he gave me the final product, so you cant guarentee the fit will be as perfect as it would if you went to a tailor over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stephen12

Zascar wrote:

I got one that might suit you. Uomo Remus white shirt size 15 but long and skinny size 15 only got in July by my GF I don't like it. Would be glad to let you have it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

try the guide london shirts that they do in penthouse in jervis. They are slim fit (me= skinny) and extremely stylish. Think they're €70 a pop.

my 32"....

Im going to put in an order to my bangkok tailor over the coming weeks, if a few people want to get measured up we can send it off to him and then split the postage, plus, the more we buy the cheaper we get it for.

Im only looking to buy 4 shirts and a pair of pants. But if a few of us to buy we could considerably reduce the costs? Id say im looking at about 90euro for the above order including postage? If we buy together, this could be considerably cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

Most Selected (www.selected.dk) shirts are slim fitting, they're sold in Jack & Jones amongst other places. They tend to cost around 40-50 ish, they normally have some stylish patterns but I find they dont last forever.
    There are sellers on ebay offering tailor made shirts from the Far East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

yeah thats sounds good , again any ideas where to get measured??

havent a clue where you can get measured.
    Anyone else want in?

I sent him an email to ask for a brochure or something, but im sure hes just going to tell us to find what shirts/suits we like in any catlouge and scan it and send to him.

Il keep yas updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 danny1

It might be a little late, but I usually have a tailor from Bangkok who comes to measure me up and send me the suits and shirts from Bangkok itself. This way I save the cost of having someone measure me up here. It's worked for me for the past 2-3 years and I've recommended him to plenty of my friends. If you need details just pm me or let me know, I'll get their site up.

Thanks if you can get the site up that would be great

I've heard these guys are excellent. http://www.raja-fashions.com/ They measure you in dublin and post you a suite a few weeks later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 danny1

http://www.crowntailor.com. They've been doing excellent work for us over the long run and saves me from every buying off the rack again. See how it goes. Btw, if they are coming to visit you, please let me know, I might need a few more shirts in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Wisesmurf wrote:
    try the guide london shirts that they do in penthouse in jervis. They are slim fit (me= skinny) and extremely stylish. Think they're €70 a pop.

my 32"....

I second this, these shirts are excellent. The shop's called Jupiter (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

Try Nicky Wallace. He is a master tailor. Charges are reasonable. I think he is based soemwehre just off Grafton Street.

Thanks larry that looks great, is it yours? Are the shirts made here or overseas? I think I'll sign up and give it a try!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Zombie thread locked. Six years old!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement