Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major eircom bb issues,Monasterevin area,please help.

Options
  • 06-11-2006 7:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,im in dire need of help and advice.
    The past 3 weeks my ingame pings and general connection has been terrible.
    Im on eircom 3MB/384kbps broadband.
    Ingame pings spiral from 30-300-400 than back to 30-40 might settle for a minute then 300 again,then 150 etc etc.
    All speed tests ive done show same issue,one minute my speeds are what i always got on 3mb then 2 minutes later same test will say dload speeds of 80 kbps,im talking blackknight solutions speed test and eircoms own test.
    Same when i do pings in dos,tracerts and traceroutes.
    Im getting constant up and down scenarios.
    Pretty much morning time and afternoon my connection is fine ,usually after 4pm it goes ape**** but the last few days ive noticed it going crazy even earlier in the day.
    Could this be contention ratio?If so surely for 3mb line pings and speeds as ive listed are not expected?
    Ive had it for 2 years and never had an issue cept for odd outage or slowness that was tracked back to issue at local exchange.
    This time round eircom say there is no problem with the local exchange and or their broadband in the area.Im on the Monasterevin exchange.

I have tried absolutely everything to resolve this but no joy.
    Countless calls to eircom support,same story,they have no problems their end.
    The thing is 2 friends of mine on eircom bb also have a crap service and high pings the past few weeks.

I really cannot think of anything else to try or what to do next.
    Im just off the phone from another 40 min session with eircom doing the usual procedures and adjusting settings etc,no joy :(

Ive done all sorts of scans with avg anti virus,spybot search and destroy,adaware etc and nothing shows up.
    With eircom insisting theres nothing their end im at my witts end.
    Im paying 55 euros for this service per month :(
    Any help or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

same problems, but in cork. is it a national eircom problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

try unplug all the phones from the sockets just leave in your bb, my parents are also on the monesterivan exchange i was there on Saturday and all worked ok.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have tried the phones etc.
    Sat and Sunady it was fine tbh,i thought it was sorted :(

Gordonnet,i think im routed through some exchange in Limerick,are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

dcully im just off the phone to the folks they said its working fine.

Yes it is working,im not being funny here but do your parents play games and download large files?
    My problem is only noticeable while doing any of these,to the naked eye so to speak yes indeed the broadband is fine.
    Hope you understand what i mean.
    Thanks anyways m8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Getting the exact same issues as mentioned above. Im on the Robertstown exchange myself. Havent contacted eircom about it yet, and by the looks of it there seems no point contacting them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RyGaR

I too am on the Monasterevin exchange as Cully is and tbh its a joke. I used to be on the 2 meg line, under Cully's package and i had the same problem. I was constantly ringing up Eircom and all i got was it was a problem my end. Eventually they came up with the idea of going up to the 3 meg package and it was fine. I put the point to them how come it is fine on this package and not on the other, lol they couldnt answer me. Now it seems i am back to the same problem i had on the 2 meg line and what does Eircom say only "its a problem your end". I told them i will give them a couple of weeks to sort it out cause they told me that they were doing some work on the Limerick exchange and that it would take this long to sort it. Isnt this some setup for a 55 yo yos a month package?? :mad:

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked your line stats?

Yeah as i say i tried everything.
    Stats are fine.

• Advertisement

Im convinced this is a contention ratio issue.
    Pings and dload speeds are excellent all day but once 7 or 8pm arrive thats it,pings go through the roof.
    Is this the way its gonna be for good then?
    Can eircom maybe boost things at the exchange? doubt that they care tbh.
    Would contention have such a dramatic affect once peak time arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Old post, Was linked to me.

But did your ever get this problem sorted ?
    Im having exactly the same problem as your self.
    My times would be from 6:30pm to about 10:30pm each day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing this?

Suffering the same issues here in Ballivor, Co Meath.

I'm on the Home Professional 3mb package

How long has it been going on for you Macker1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

BadCharlie wrote: »
    How long has it been going on for you Macker1 ?

At a guess I would say at least the last couple months. Prior to that I had good steady pings to most gaming servers that I frequented.

Rgds

Mark

Macker1 wrote: »
    At a guess I would say at least the last couple months. Prior to that I had good steady pings to most gaming servers that I frequented.

Rgds

Mark

Did they ever send anyone out to see if they can fix the problem ?

Have you called them about it ?

Im still having problems after calling them a number off times about it.

Advertisement