Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presenters I do not like.

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yakuza wrote:
    Get well soon Gerry Ryan - the sooner that tosser Evelyn O'Rourke gets off the airwaves the better.

cudnt agree more... well about the o'rourke bit. she was no personality of her own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

faceman wrote:
    cudnt agree more... well about the o'rourke bit. she was no personality of her own.

She does't have anyone elses either!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

sudzs wrote:
    She does't have anyone elses either!

LOL

maybe a thread for presenters we DO like shud be set up, it would be alot quicker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Anyone mentioned that pair jack and alley on spin fm?
    I dont care what their target audience is its sickening.

Pair of smug loved-up ****etalkers endlessly polluting the airwaves with their 'do you remember when we' and 'that time we' anecdotes. There one step away from finishing each others sentences and bursting into fits of smitten laughter. Not to mention the hormonal little pricks on the phonelines. I might aswell be listening to teenagers squirting spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Tony Fenton should be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Boy Wonders

I find it impossible to listen to Tony Fenton. Plastic. It's like listening to a radio robot, zero personality.

Ryan Tubridy is a disgrace to Licence Payers Money. This guy has been mentored groomed and promoted at our expense. The only reason to keep him there is because so much has been invested in him. I find him utterly charmless, there is nothing natural about his presentation, it sounds to me like he's just putting it on. I hear no natural ability whatsoever.

Pat Kenny OK on Radio, terrible on Television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Moykull MockMullan's accent is painful to listen to. Where on earth is he from? And has anyone ever told him to tone down his ridiculous "ox-cent".

Gerry Ryan's irritating as well. He's gotten too comfy in his 9-12 slot though I presume there are lots of people out there who love listening to discussions about snot, bodily functions, Gerry's sex life, who Gerry had dinner with last night (Bono/Harry Crosbie/Ron Wood/Max Clifford...delete as applicable), what Gerry's wife/kids did yesterday etc.

Robbie Irwin's delivery is quite bizzarre as well. He does a sports program on 2fm sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

may be a tad off topic here but I heard Fergal Bowers reading two reports recently...don't know what programme ,but his delivery and reading style were bizzare in the extreme, reading in blocks of four or five words ignoring full stops commas and general syntax,starting in the middle of one sentence and finishing in the middle of another.

Listen carefully next time he is on.

Was very surprised as he is normally very clued in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

may be a tad off topic here but I heard Fergal Bowers reading two reports recently...don't know what programme ,but his delivery and reading style were bizzare in the extreme, reading in blocks of four or five words ignoring full stops commas and general syntax,starting in the middle of one sentence and finishing in the middle of another.

Listen carefully next time he is on.

Was very surprised as he is normally very clued in.

Maybe it was the day after the RTE Christmas party and Fergal was under the weather?

Advertisement