Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric advice needed - what to buy

Options
  • 06-11-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

In view of the forthcoming cold, wet, dark and otherwise generally miserable winter months (and X-mas too:D ), I am considering buying an electric mt / truggy / buggy. No more standing outside in the rain, freezing your gonads off, trying to get the nitro going and keeping it going.

I’ve considered a E-Maxx, mainly because I have a load of T-Maxx spares at hand, but at £230 excluding p&p (ex. www.modelsport.co.uk) it’s a bit out of my budget, which is about €150. I’ve looked at the Traxxas Bandit, Rustler and Stampede, but would appreciate a bit of help from the leccie experts out there please.

I’m not sold on Traxxas and would consider any proven manufacturer.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Nicest one in the price range you're talking that I am aware of would be the Mini T LST, with it's twin electric engines. Very nice, over 200 euros, comes with a nice synthesizer radio, and there's a video clip of it at www.greenhobbymodel.com video page.

There is another new one the same size made by Carson Modellsport which is available later this month from Green Hobby & Model, Dublin. I can't remember the name. The Carson is same size as the LST but with single electric engine and for 100 euros less cost. Approx 140 euro the lot. It would have a less mind boggling performance than Mini T LST, but probably more than enough performance for fun times.

But if you don't like the rain ... why not get an indoor heli, a plank-on-frame ship, or a WWII cruiser or battleship. Every winter I do a project to use the cold months. That's how all my nicest models get done. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Theres a new stampead and rustler both 30+mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I think I'll be going with the new Rustler. Thanks anyways.

What do you think of a second hand mini-T? €100
    Bearly run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Is it the new model? What's included? Pics?

I'm always interested in a deal. (Does that sound like someone else on here?;) )

• Advertisement

Not sure if its the new model but its only about a year old so it could be.
    It runs on AA batterys so its handy to keep it running and fast for something that size, also its very clean.
    I'll try get pictures ASAP;)

I just checked the one your on about is actually called the micro-t, very small, in fact its about the size of the pame of your hand.

Advertisement