Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyber Sunday (what I Thought)

• 06-11-2006 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

kane V umaga
    when kane is in a match its easy to know if he is going to win or not. the ring of fire is at the start if he is going to lose and the ring of fire is at the end if he wins.
    am i right???? OK MATCH

cryme time V highlanders and the 2 heat teams
    we all knew the other two teams would not win, its a pity, i reckon cade and murdoch are good.
    OK MATCH

SHAWN KICKING ALL AROUND HIM IN THE HALL BACKSTAGE WAS VERY VERY FUNNY.

jeff V carlitto
    yeah, i liked this match

dx V edge / ortan
    i was happy with the result. eric is a great ref.

I liked the mac pro set. i am leaving the pc world for mac soon. mac pro is too powerful, i am getting an imac. I wonder why did vince pick an apple computer for his set.

I also liked the mac pro set. I am leaving the pc world and joining mac soon. mac pro is too powerful for my needs, i am getting a imac. I would say apple are very happy with vince.

lita V james
    i was up for lita cause of my fantasy team (only reason) and so i was happy.

spirit sq V flair / piper----hmmm----i am glad the squad lost the belts---did not watch it, i fast foward it.

show V cena V bookaaaa
    very good match. very happy bookaaaa won.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Kane v Umaga---Dissapointed had Kane in FL I didn't think the match was that entertaining.
    Cryme time v Highlanders v Hass & Visera v Cade & Murdoch---Fairly entertaining nothing spectacular. I don't understand what they are doing with Cade & Murdoch they got a major push attacking DX but now they are losing to Mid-carders:confused: . Altough I don't like them so I am fairly happy.
    Yeah Shawn kicking everybody was very funny.
    Jeff Hardy v Carlito---I was always going to like this match 2 of my favourite wrestlers and it didn't let me down.
    DX v Edge & Orton--- Have to say I enjoyed this match. Had Orton for FL so :D .
    Lita v Mickie James--- Didn't care about this match just hoped Lita won for FL
    Spirit Squad v Flair & Piper--- Just hoped Flair won FL. The match was fairly rubbish.
    Big Show v John Cena v King Booker--- Don't know I fell asleep before it started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a below-average PPV. Nothing stood out and the whole thing was very formulaic and predictable. Maybe a Benoit match would have changed matters but the morons voted for Kane.

WWE is just so-so at the minute. Almost as if they're not even trying.

Bring on Angle-Joe is what I say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I thought on the whole it was a thumbs down with (the exception of Dusty Rhodes of course who for a number of reasons should have been picked).

The Carlito Hardy love I don't get. The first 7 minutes of the match was comically horrible. Really bad. I won't even go into the womans match.

Speaking of Kurt Angle, TNA have decided what better way to lose money than to give away Angles first match for TNA live on tv 3 days before the ppv! And not just a squash match either. He'll be facing the winner of TNA's whacky number one contender reverse battle royal gimmick. TNA hate money.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

The Carlito Hardy love I don't get. The first 7 minutes of the match was comically horrible. Really bad. I won't even go into the womans match.
    Totally agree! I mean there was at least 2 bear hugs in there. The whole match just looked messy TBH.

What really did my head in about the event was the fact that Booker won the main event. If there gonna do a match like that where its possible for a show's championship to go to another show, well then they should do exactly that. Theres was no point in Booker retaining. Even though I don't like Cena, it would have spiced things up to have him take the world title to RAW temporarily. FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

seriously if you still watch the womens matches for wrestling then youre missing the entire point. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

crap ppv... compared to tna bfg it was bull! very dissapointed with hardy and carlito! expected a bit more from them! voted for benoit to face umaga! pity damn fools who voted for kane

as for the comment bout TNA loosin money with the angle wrestling before genesis... dont really think that it will effect the buys for it because people know that angle can still wrestle.. it wasnt that long ago that we seen him in a ring.... but they know him facing joe is gonna be huge!!

Question of the day: Will joe give Angle a musclebuster?????

facing joe is gonna be huge!!
    I know this may be a bit off topic but I've never really saw what other people seem to see in Samoa Joe. When I look at him I see a wrestler thats overly stiff in order to get the fans support. His technical abiltiy isn't massivly impressive either. This may sound a tad bit harsh but he kinda reminds me of a slimmer more agile Rikishi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

evad_lhorg wrote:
    seriously if you still watch the womens matches for wrestling then youre missing the entire point. :rolleyes:

Well they had a normal match that was given time (not some stripathon) did n't they? They blew a load of spots. Its worth commenting on.

Plus it could be me but WWE seem to have the ability to make stunningly hot woman just bland. Seeing Torrie Wilson take her clothes off for the 4000th time does nothing for me.

I think the WWE has too many divas to the point the fans care about none of them. If their not serious about the womans division (and they really aren't) I'd have 2 divas max. for each brand.

In the late 1980's the WWE had only 1 mainstay valet and that was Elizabeth. She was a superstar.

In 1997, WWE had Sable and Sunny. They were both super over.

in 2006, WWE have about 20 divas. None of them are super over. The majority are not over at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i think mickie james is the only one that could be a star, someday.

Yeah the whole diva scene in WWE these days is horrible. Its just so cringy some times when they have these ridiculous matches (the trick or treat diva battle royal comes to mind). I think the most cringy diva moment has to be the extrem strip poker. How bad was that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Yeah the whole diva scene in WWE these days is horrible. Its just so cringy some times when they have these ridiculous matches (the trick or treat diva battle royal comes to mind). I think the most cringy diva moment has to be the extrem strip poker. How bad was that?!

Seeing the Lingerie pillow fight live at 'Mania was crazy! Not a 5 star classic by any means though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

triple h wrote:
    i think mickie james is the only one that could be a star, someday.

Yea, i agree! I also think Maria has potential. If she was given some training, ahe could be the next Trish! Cos lets faxce it, who in 2000/2001 thought she'd become such a decent womens wrestler?

Advertisement