Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - Port Forwarding

Options
  • 06-11-2006 9:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just got NTL. I can't work this out, but can you dial into the router settings like you can with a normal modem? I need to set up port frwarding. Some apps work fine but some do not.
    Can anyone explain this further to me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

did you get a router with your NTL? normally you provide a seperate router yourself and sort out the port forwarding on that. The NTL cable modem is just pass-through.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Its just the modem. I have a linksys wireless router, is it done through there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Yeap just login into your Linksys router and browse to the "application and gaming" tab. The first info you see is the port forward range section. Just enter in range of ports you want to use, the protocol (TCP/UDP/Both) and then the internal IP addy for your PC - will prolly start with the octet 192 or 168 or 10 ... theres a few more reserved private IP ranges that i can't arsed look up ;)

see www.portforward.com - good site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yep, it's nothing got to do with NTL, their modem is already sending all traffic to the Linksys. Have to set up everything there as dathiultaigh says.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. I used www.portforward.com - great site - gives you exact instructions on each app

• Advertisement
Advertisement