Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disturbed have a good song.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

I must say they're quite the tasty band despite what ya may think, dave has a fantastic voice and dan has finally come out of his shell with some enjoyable solos, despite the new album being a tad cheezy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Despite my hatred of Disturbed, i have to admit i was impressed by their version of Land Of Confusion alright. i was quite suprised how much i enjoyed it really. Prefer Genesis' video with all the spitting image puppets though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

loved spitting image so loved the original version, havent seen that video in years, and actually like the disturbed version haven seen it for the first time. i saw it briefly on channel 6 the other day and changed channels, confused by what it was, but now i realise it was actually disturbed im glad to see they got some airplay on channel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

dave has a fantastic voice

Wait? What? When did this happen? :D

Sorry but imo, he has one of the most annoyin voices in music! (despite pop crap!)
    I have to say I found this song kinda catchy though! Good riff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I like Disturbed, some really cool songs. Yea, his voice is uber cheesy but I like the riffs and drumming. I esp like Prayer and Voices, oh and Stupify. Can't say I think much of Land of Confusion tho :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

DISTURBED frontman David Draiman on DISTURBED's cover of "Land of Confusion", a song first made popular by GENESIS in the late 1980s:

"That's kind of the whole idea. It's taking a song that's absolutely nothing like us and making it our own. It's one thing to do a SABBATH cover or a MAIDEN cover, it would almost be expected. But with this, you can change it stylistically, and it becomes your own."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

DISTURBED frontman David Draiman on DISTURBED's cover of "Land of Confusion", a song first made popular by GENESIS in the late 1980s:

"That's kind of the whole idea. It's taking a song that's absolutely nothing like us and making it our own. It's one thing to do a SABBATH cover or a MAIDEN cover, it would almost be expected. But with this, you can change it stylistically, and it becomes your own."

Yep! Fair play to them at least for trying something different instead of bands going on about Sabbath and Maiden etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to say I quite like the Genesis cover. David has a quite distinctive voice that irritates me at times (Stupify) but other times can be excellent (Liberate/Mistress).

Did anyone ever listen to the Tears for Fears cover on The Sickness called Shout 2000? I thought it was excellent with some very catchy guitar and synth work. Of course it didn't have a cool-looking video so it probably sank without a trace :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I think the most important point made here is that millionaire Tory voting tax exile Phil Collin's vision of the political future is made clear,from his tax den in Geneva.

Long may it last. No matter how badly pronounced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Ah Disturbed aint too bad, was never a big fan but I got free tickets to their last gig here and they really put on a good show. As for that Land Of Confusion cover, In Flames did a much better version clicky :D

• Advertisement

The sound quality of the version from In Flames is a little dodgy in places but I like it. The video is well worth a watch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Disturbed video- So...much...pointless...symbolism!!!! Am I the only one that gets annonyed by that sort of thing?

Disturbed video- So...much...pointless...symbolism!!!! Am I the only one that gets annonyed by that sort of thing?

Am I the only one that's curious as to why pointless symbolism in music videos annoys you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its just....if each symbol is suppose to symbolise something, surely they are better used sparingly, rather than throwing conflicting images together in some silly attempt to make a point that "all politics is the same" when people put swastikas and sickles together. Stuff like that just ends up being meaningless and annonying the crap out of me for that

Advertisement