Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I access my H: drive off campus?

Options
  • 06-11-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

I've gone through UCD connect and they're asking me for a username and password to access my H:, I know this is something different that your usual e04blahblah it's something like student.bf.studentnumber but I'm not sure, anyone who can help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

As far as I know, if you're in UCD Connect it should automatically go in as soon as you click on the My Files: H: link. Last time it came up like that and asked for verification details there was a problem, if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

well it's asking for my UCD Tree username...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's your e04XXXXX number. Mine has a "bf" in it.

nope that's not it, just tried it...when I sign into UCD connect and click on H: Drive My Files or whatever it opens up a new window a box pops up and asks me for a username and password my e04XXXXX doesn't work in this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

could it be the student number birth date combo then?

• Advertisement

nah it's not that, try get to your H drive through UCD connect and look at the pop up that asks for a username/password combination...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

tywy wrote:
    nah it's not that, try get to your H drive through UCD connect and look at the pop up that asks for a username/password combination...
    for me the following worked:

.a02xxxxx.arts.student.bf.ucd

and the password associated with the a02xxxxx thing.

so for you putting in your e04xxxxx thing and whatever the 'e' in it stands for (eng?), instead of where it says 'arts' in mine, would probably work. make sure to put in the full stop at the beginning.

it shouldn't be asking for that though. odd.

ouai! THANK YOU! that's exactly what it's looking for me thinks! thank you thank you thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

That's your e04XXXXX number. Mine has a "bf" in it.
    hullaballoo's a third year architect?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The novell file server needs your full contextual username.

.xnnccxxx.faculty.student.campus.ucd

faculty:
    arts, sci, med, eng, vet

campus:
    bf, et (don't know what blackrock is)

People used to know their contextual username very well at one stage when the Public PC's used Windows 98 as they needed it to log on.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Upmeath, I'm fourth year B&L. I was just referring the OP to the number he gave so that it would make sense to him. It wouldn't have made much sense if I'd said "that's your c03bfXXX" number.

Advertisement