Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ip address conflict

• 06-11-2006 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Guys..
    For the past couple of weeks i seem to have to reboot my Router up to 3 times a day. The Router i am using is a netgear dg 834. Its about 4 years old. I am running over 10 computers on this through a Switch and had no problem up to a month ago. When i plug in My Laptop to network it says that there is an "IP address Conflict" and when i try to renew ip address it fails.Also when i start pcs together i get the same error.. I have done a firmware update on Router but still same problem...Is my router shot or is there anything else i can doo:confused: ???.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Are you using DHCP? oO
    Manually set (And re-check) the IP address set on each machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

mickymc wrote:
    Hi Guys..
    For the past couple of weeks i seem to have to reboot my Router up to 3 times a day. The Router i am using is a netgear dg 834. Its about 4 years old. I am running over 10 computers on this through a Switch and had no problem up to a month ago. When i plug in My Laptop to network it says that there is an "IP address Conflict" and when i try to renew ip address it fails.Also when i start pcs together i get the same error.. I have done a firmware update on Router but still same problem...Is my router shot or is there anything else i can doo:confused: ???.
    Someone on your network has decided that they want a "static address" and has taken one from the "dynamic pool". The DHCP server doesn't know that this address is being used by someone else, so it's handing it out again, and you end up with 2 devices trying to use the same address.

Find out who set the static address, and break their fingers. Tell them to stop screwing around with stuff that they don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mickymc

Cheers Guys for the replies.
    When the prob first started i gave one of the computers a Static ip address to see would this resolve issues. The ip address i gave it was at the end range of available ip address I gave it 192.168.0.250 and the range available was 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254. I thought this would not matter as it was in the high end range. Even without this the Router has to be rebooted every so often as our internet connection goes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

you have three options

1. one remove the IP address you gave out from the DHCP range (bad)

2. Add a static entry to the Dhcp entry's and force the client to use the static Dhcp Entry

3. Find the problem and re-enable the client to use DHCP

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mickymc

Thanks for the help.... and i tried all of those issues... to no avail...
    its still comming up with "ip address conflict".
    I have resigned to getting a new Router(it is over 4.5 years old) and i think i will go wireless also...
    I was looking at the Netgear DG834PN UK MODEL..
    i WAS WONDERING DO ANY OF YOU HAVE FEEDBACK AS REGARDS THIS TYPE AND ANY ISSUES WITH SAME....

Rgards mickymc:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I can only say that netgear rangemax is a great piece of kit! I just got mine yesterday after having to disgard a Zyxel 600 series from BT which was only 6 hours old! . With the Netgear Even a dummy could set it up- has a very easy to use set up wizard . I live in an old house with solid stone walls and rangemax seems to be just fine - its averaging about 48mbps to a computer thats over 120 feet away and behind some fairly thick stone walls. I had a belkin USB adapter and it couldn't connect to the network. I'm getting 100mpbs on this machine.

Advertisement