Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years Eve

• 06-11-2006 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

The biggest nite of the year for raving and clubbing,where is everyone going?Chances are ill be in sunny Dubai living it up but if i wasn't going there i wouldn't be staying in this country with insane admission & drinks prices, instead id be going to this in London looks like it'll be an absolutely amazing nite for sure,what a line up.:cool:
    Moondance NYE 2006

Essence of Chi are delighted to announce that they are hosting the Liquid Funk Arena for the second year running at MOONDANCE on New Years Eve 2006, taking place at London's largest indoor rave arena SE ONE !!

LIMITED tickets are available direct from Essence of Chi priced just £25 + £1 postage fee.

To purchase tickets from EOC via paypal please click on the paypal link below and send £26 to keira@essenceofchi.co.uk, not forgetting to include the correct address you would like the tickets sent to if it is different from your card address.

MoondanceNYEInsideA4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

deja vu:confused:
    didn't you go to Dubai last year dude?

gonna be working myself (3-11) so can't really stray far from Galway...
    gonna try to squeeze a bit of a session in just like I did last year though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

tman wrote:
    deja vu:confused:
    didn't you go to Dubai last year dude?

gonna be working myself (3-11) so can't really stray far from Galway...
    gonna try to squeeze a bit of a session in just like I did last year though

I certainly did go to Dubai last year mate and looks like ill be going again gonna cost me a fortune though haven't booked anything yet, last year in Dubai the Ministry Of Sound had a nite as well but i missed it, im sure you'll find something to be doing yourself anyway, i love NYE ;)

yeah, it's one of my favourite days of the year. almost tempted to hand in my notice so that I don't have to work it again...
    I somehow managed to fit 2 house parties, a session back at a mate's gaff and 20 minute's sleep in between the shifts last year.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

well its either carl cox at the harbour in sydney or basement jax on bondi beach for me. man its tough at the top:D

harryballs wrote:
    well its either carl cox at the harbour in sydney or basement jax on bondi beach for me. man its tough at the top:D

sounds deadly man that's the sort of new years you want :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

How Did U Get On Over In London Last Wkend............ Or Did U Go........
    Was It Any Gud......... Back On Topic Its Looks Lik Im 2 Off 2 Da Dam 4 Nye Cant Wait 2 Sample New Yrs Dutch Stlye :d And Jonny Dubai...nice
    1 M8

Marc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

harryballs wrote:

IM SO JEALUS LOL BUT NICE 1 THEY WUD B 2 CRAKERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i dont go out on nye, coz its complete ****e

surely there's a nice IDM night you could go to?
    maybe stand in the corner stroking your beard for a couple of hours...

or you could just have a bit of a laugh like everybody else

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

Helix wrote:
    i dont go out on nye, coz its complete ****e

agreed one of the worst nites , that and stephens nite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Basemant jaxx are good live, but if its in Bondi pavillion - run, you'll be queueing for ages(and i mean ages) for a drink(in a can and overpriced), personally i'd be down the harbour from about 4 o clock onwards(gets very crowded), with my slab of beer and friends and then onto Mr.Cox bigtime. Ooh i miss OZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

yeah i cant fookin wait, just got a pain in me ball sack and booked a one way ticket outta here.
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup:D

goods wrote:
    agreed one of the worst nites , that and stephens nite

stephens night is session in mates night, then to the pub for a few, then home for a turkey and stuffing samo

tman wrote:

i dont find overpacked, overpriced venues fun

the week after nye is a far better bet for a decent night

tman wrote:
    surely there's a nice IDM night you could go to?
    maybe stand in the corner stroking your beard for a couple of hours...

:D:D

DUB1 wrote:
    How Did U Get On Over In London Last Wkend............ Or Did U Go........
    Was It Any Gud......... Back On Topic Its Looks Lik Im 2 Off 2 Da Dam 4 Nye Cant Wait 2 Sample New Yrs Dutch Stlye :d And Jonny Dubai...nice
    1 M8

Marc

had a deadly nite Marc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055000571

Another good nite in London for NYE if anyones interested ;)
    Together NYE... The Chemical Brothers + Mulletover
    Together NYE
    Sunday 31st December 2006
    Turnmills
    8pm - 6am

www.together-club.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/togetherclub

Room 1:
    The Chemical Brothers (DJ Set)
    Cagedbaby (DJ Set)
    Justin Robertson
    Nathan Detroit
    Anil Chawla
    Audio Jackers

Room 2:
    Hosted by Mulletover
    Silversurfer (Crosstown Rebels)
    :TERRY: (Freak N Chic)
    Geddes (Rekleiner)
    Mike Oman (Carbon Records)

Topfloor:
    ** ROCK IDOL **
    Featuring… The Mosh Pit, groupies, overpaid egos, lots of bodily hair, Air Guitar Competition, The Fancy Dress Final with special guest judges, The ‘Rockathon Rock Off’ and silly surprises.
    DJs - The Scarlet Pimp / 10:4 Rubber Duckie / Mannequin Doll / Nikolas Esselle

Click this link to Buy Tickets:
    http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=183137

Get ready to go wild and crazy this NEW YEAR’S EVE as TURNMILLS brings you TOGETHER NYE: THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY on SUNDAY 31ST DECEMBER. It’s our great pleasure to announce that the legendary CHEMICAL BROTHERS will be Galvanising the floor with a 3 HOUR SELECTION OF BEATZ & BLEEPS to bring in the New Year, Chemical-style! This is the 4th consecutive year that Tom & Ed will play this much loved acid-house den and tickets are now on sale priced £45 + booking fee in advance. Also on the bill is JUSTIN ROBERTSON, CAGEDBABY, NATHAN DETROIT, ANIL CHAWLA and AUDIO JACKERS with seminal party peeps MULLETOVER looking after the controls in T2 with very special guests SILVERSURFER (Crosstown Rebels) and :TERRY: (Freak N Chic) jetting in from Europe to join resident rocker GEDDES. Plus in true Together tradition, the NYE session will adopt an OPTIONAL FANCY DRESS THEME, lovingly titled “ROCK IDOL”. Think any age, any era, any artist… whether it’s a triple-platinum-selling superstar, ****y boyband, Eurovision hopeful, country n’ western singer, madchester tribute band, blinged-up hip-hopper, disco diva, goth rocker or simply The Spice Girls… whack on a bit of slap, a fancy costume and come on down!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'll be in portugal this NYE, would love to ring ahead and organise a slot in a bar there.. but really couldn't be arsed :p

I don't think I'll be spending another NYE in Ireland, pain in me nuts over it. Sydney next year sounds sexeh.. although I could go out and visit the folks in Cape Town :D

choices choices choices.

Did anyone manage to organise a half decent event here before for the big night??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cool, I'm going to be in Duabi from the 16th-27th of december!
    Actually Iw as thinking of starting a thread on if there are any good clubs out there etc

Zascar wrote:
    Cool, I'm going to be in Duabi from the 16th-27th of december!
    Actually Iw as thinking of starting a thread on if there are any good clubs out there etc

Plenty of good clubs there mate im going to be there from around 23rd December to January 4th if your around ill meet you in my mates bar the Dubliners ;)

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote:

Did anyone manage to organise a half decent event here before for the big night??

New Years Eve pre 1997 here was always brilliant,Dublin wasn't half as expensive as it is now and there were still some really good clubs here open and the scene in general wasn't as stale as it is now.

New Years 1993 was probably the best ever for me,Prodigy @ The Point Depot then Sides afterwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

My ideal NYE...In Rome

M-Nus party. Minimaltastic

What a line up!

http://www.livesets.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99874&highlight=mnus

RICHIE HAWTIN
    ADAM BEYER
    MAGDA
    TROY PIERCE
    MARCO CAROLA
    MARC HOULE
    JPLS
    HEARTTHROB
    JOHN GAISER
    SPEEDY J
    COCCOLUTO
    GIANCARLINO
    LELE SACCHI
    DJ RED
    THE DLO
    ALEX NERI
    MOTEL CONNECTION

KevIRL wrote:
    My ideal NYE...In Rome

M-Nus party. Minimaltastic

What a line up!

http://www.livesets.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99874&highlight=mnus

RICHIE HAWTIN
    ADAM BEYER
    MAGDA
    TROY PIERCE
    MARCO CAROLA
    MARC HOULE
    JPLS
    HEARTTHROB
    JOHN GAISER
    SPEEDY J
    COCCOLUTO
    GIANCARLINO
    LELE SACCHI
    DJ RED
    THE DLO
    ALEX NERI
    MOTEL CONNECTION

That would be guaranteed to send me to sleep that minimal rubbish although Adam Beyer and Richie Hawtin and Speedy J have played some great sets over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 czarak

I dived in and booked 5 nights in Berlin yesterday with a few mates. Was there during World Cup final week in the summer and there's simply no comparison to any other city in the world I've been partying in.

Going to try to get to Panoramabar/Berghain for the night itself and also to some of Week12end, Maria and Watergate. Made it to all of those during the summer except Watergate (which looks awesome from everything I've seen and read). Panormabar/Berghain and the midnight to midnight parties starting Saturday night has to be seen to be believed. Line up for NY Eve 2006 is:

Andre Galluzzi, Luke Slater, Marcel Dettmann, Ben Clock, Len Faki, Tobias (live), A Guy Called Gerald, Nick Höppner, Tama sumo, Prosumer, ND_Baumecker, Danny Wang, Boris

Anybody been around the city on NY Eve before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

il be in amsterdamage. probably dam square. **** dublin, its the worst nite of the year.

il be out partying and even when its all over, il still be in amsterdam to ease the anti climax slightly

Advertisement