Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Broadband??

Options
  • 07-11-2006 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

www.crosscountrybroadband.com

Can anyone give me any information about the above company IE speed reliability caps etc

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Personally I wouldnt call them broadband, They are a satalite internet access company. You are still going to need a phonline for the upstream so you have to pay for dialup. I myself wouldnt touch it with a stick. But if you are dead set on getting it I would recomend a different company their site looks like its been made by a 12 year old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sky dsl does the same thing exactly ...anyway which bit of Galway are you in as there are wireless alternatives in some of the county ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

I've been looking at the site for the last year or so, as I was considering
    getting their system as it looked really good.
    They have never replied to any of my questions, and the only changes
    they have made to the site since I first saw it is to increase their prices.

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wizard1

Thanks smellslikeshoes, was considering them as the only alternative. my choices are these or lastmile (Would need a 70 foot pole to get them!), my bt/iol dialup is now doen to 14.4k and 0.5k download most of the time. Cant really afford to sell up and move to get broadband. We (ballygar) were on the fiert list of Group Broadband Scheme areas but in brackets it said "subject to board approval", I assume this meant Eircom board approval, so nowt happened. Both of the villages either side of us have broadband, but not us and no sign of it ever happening. Internet is really unuseable at current speeds, and I`m now paying more than some broadband packages for IOl anytime, which seems to mean, dial in anytime and wait up to 15 mins per website page, which most times dont have any grapghics, just holes where there meant to be!. Rant over for now

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

maybe Irishwan out that way ????

• Advertisement
Advertisement