Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom call forward on no answer?

Options
  • 07-11-2006 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I had a simple request of my standard home Eircom home phone service. I want my phone to forward (or divert) to another number after no answer. So simply, if I do not answer after two or three rings, the call is forwarded to my mobile phone. Apparently, according to an Eircom help represenative, straight forward re-direct via *21* is available, but divert on no answer is just not possible - unless I am a business customer.

Can this really be true? Isn't it possible while paying 24 euros a month to enable this service?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

nope, a call forward is hard, it forwards at all times if set and gives you no chance to answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mass

Wow. You're right. I confirmed it with Eircom today. They said "no, not on a standard line, you'd have to be a business system customer to avail of a service like that". Of course, I did point out that every mobile, VoIP and other provider offer this service as a simple and free add-on, but I may as well have just said "grass is green" from the rep's response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The network most certainly does support various call forwarding options. Eircom just choose not to market them for whatever reason.

Supported:

Unconditional (sold as commerical service)
    When busy.
    When no reply.

Your eircom voicemail box uses these to forward calls to it and there are codes for programming those divertions, although, I'm not aware of them and they're slightly different to GSM codes.

Advertisement