Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 307 HDI coming in hybrid

Options
  • 07-11-2006 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

http://www.car.co.nz/newsevents.asp?articleid=10210

seems peugeot have made a hybrid version of their 1.6 hdi engine

my 307 hdi gets about 55-60mpg and is 110Bhp

this one will give about 83mpg and is 138Bhp

i really really hope they make a hatchback too, i might start saving up for it now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭conor_mc

That's a pretty impressive car.

Always thought it made more sense environmentally to mate an electric motor with a diesel rather than a petrol engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

conor_mc wrote:
    Always thought it made more sense environmentally to mate an electric motor with a diesel rather than a petrol engine.

Same here. Will be interesting to see how real life fuel consumption is. Probably much better than the jap petrol-electric hybrids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

conor_mc wrote:
    That's a pretty impressive car.

it can probably run on bio-diesel too, who needs oil :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

main problem is that the cost is quite high.

Advertisement