Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo Lanos, anyone?

Options
  • 07-11-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on the above.

Missus has a 92 starlet which has seen better days, and is looking for something similar, but newer.

Came upon a 00 Lanos 1.4 hatchback for small money - €1800.
    80k miles, cambelt done at 65k with reciept, few paint scratches, but overall good condition.
    Car will only do about 8k miles per year.

What are they like - opel astra in different clothes?

Your opinions are always welcome. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A relative recently bought a 00 Lanos. It drives almost like a new car. I must say I was impressed enough with it given that I'd never have looked at them before - excellent value for money IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think theyre based on a previous Opel Astra (92-97 model) but I might be wrong. For this kind of money I don't think you have much to loose really? I mean if it seems sound mechanically etc and only don't small mileage you can't really go too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they share some Opel components alright. should be alright. for that level of money you shouldn't expect much. I'd suggest a 98 or 99 Mazda 323 1.3 instead though. cheap as chips and ultra reliable.

Advertisement