Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy after morning after pill

• 07-11-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok so .... 4 weeks ago i had a condom split (i was on the pill too but am taking antibiotics) so i went a nd got the mornign after pill. Its now 4 weesks later and still no period. I took a pregnancy test after 2 1/2 weeks and it was negative. I have a gp appt for friday (travellign for work untill then) but am freaked out now. how long after unprotected sex can you tell if you are pregnant or not with 100% certainty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dont worry op. With the combination of the morning after pill, the pill and the stress your period is bound to be late. Go to your gp and try not to stress about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Its now 4 weesks later and still no period. I took a pregnancy test after 2 1/2 weeks and it was negative.
    Take another test now, should be pretty conclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'you really shouldnt be worrying. i bet you thats why you are late! i had a similar experience once...was 2 weeks late and completely freaked out as i was always like clockwork. eventually plucked up courage to take a test and was ready to face the fact that i mite be pregnant...test was negative. oh the relief when i found out and sure once i knew i wasnt n stopped stressing...wasnt it only bout an hour later the pains came n i got my period. felt like such a dummy then!! \r\n\r\nso just relax, try not to think bout it and you\'ll probably have had it by friday!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Depends where you were in your cycle and how soon after the event you took the MAP. Any test results now should be accurate however. Try not to worry, the stress is probably delaying things AND the MAP can send your cycle haywire for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yup, stress can really throw you off. try not to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

I aint a girl but I know that stress increases von willebrand factor in your blood which makes blood clot more and hence could be making bleeding more difficult. just a though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Also you may have had your period and not even noticed. With past experience i know the morning after pill can change how your period works, ie blood reabsorbed into your body and small amount of genital bleeding.

One of my ex's had to take the pill after we had an unfortunate incident like yourself but about two weeks later she bled a little but not even enough to warrant the use of a sanitary towel.

Advertisement