Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best site and time to buy?

• 07-11-2006 12:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Just 2 question for ye who are so knowledgeable!

When do ye reckon is the best time to buy parts? Will there be a January type sale in places like elara and Komplett?

Is Komplett the best place to buy from price wise.
    What about savastore or overclockers?

Id be spending about a grand on my machine so the more umph! I can get the better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

like everything, it depends. There are no sales really, just times when the prices of certain components drop significantly, an example would be the prices of AMD CPUs since the release of the Intel C2D chips. Anyone who bought just before the C2D would of got stung with prices nearly double what they are now. Keep an eye on tech news websites and forums to find out release dates for the latest hardware. Get yourself a list of possible hardware sites, there is a sticky in the comp/tech forum on good sites, and shop around for the best prices. Every week most of those sites will have special offers so keep an eye out for items you are looking for on special offer.

Oh and don't believe the hype ;) look around and read reviews before buying ANY piece of hardware for your computer. For a grand you could build a killer dual core s939 atm, with 2gigs of RAM, 512MB vga, and a decent RAID 0 or raptor setup. C2D is scaring most enthusiasts into shedding their pseudo old systems, so also keep an eye on ebay and adverts.ie for ridiculous deals. I bought a good stepping Opty 165 last month for a ridiculous price because the guy wanted to go C2D.

If you're on a budget a great place to be is about 6mths behind the latest H/W and right inline for all the scraps the enthusiasts drop off their table, i've maybe saved over a grand in the last 6mths doing this alone :D

Advertisement