Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Restaurants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

ok thanks guys

Hardwood is where i ended up,wow lovely food and the chocolate truffle desert is to die for!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Where's Hardwood?

just up a bit from bierhaus, its on Popes Quay www.hardwood.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I can reccomend Hardwood- a great new restaurant in the City. Definately try the chocolate dessert.
    Also, check out Nutmeg on French Church St. It's all organic stuff so pricey enough, but you can taste the quality.
    Cassanova, Star Anise also highly reccomended.
    Proby's Bistro has changed hands recently so I can't talk about it, but I used to be a fan.

On the down side, Luigi Malones is highly overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hardwood is where the mexican restaurant used to be, right?

Nice to see some new eating joints opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

Has anyone tried that Augustines in Washington St yet? Supposed to be good. Anyone have any opinions on Amicus since it moved to Paul St, used to be a great place for a Saturday lunch but it seems by some accounts that its gone downhill since moving, trying too hard to pack em in??

IMO Best Italian - Il Padrino, Cook St
    Best Indian - Lal Quaila, Douglas (Have I got that spelling right?)
    Best Expensive Dressy Up place - Jacobs On the Mall (Never been to Les Gourmaldies, Hayfield or Flemings so can't comment)
    Best Cafe/Lunch place - Cafe in Crawford or the Farmgate English Market. We are spoiled for choice in this section of the market, loads of places to mention.
    Don't really go for Chinese, Mexican or Thai food so can't comment.

Anyone recommend some hidden gems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

rebs23 - I have been to Amicus a few times since its moved and I definitly think its gone downhill. I have gotten some of the dishes that I used to love before when they were in French Church street and they just wern't as nice at all. Their food has also gotten very salty I think. All in all its just not as nice. And I think the place looks lovely so its a shame.

Went to the place Nutmeg that used to be where Amicus was on French Church street and it was lovely though. I thought it was quite reasonable price wise too and it was very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 madser77

Does anyone know of any nice places to eat in the general Macroom area? The wife & I are meeting up for dinner with friends who will be down from Dublin on holidays in Kenmare over the next week or so & we were thinking of meeting them up about halfway...

Advertisement