Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mikado - 2 weeks to pay up

Options
  • 07-11-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭verbatim

Noticed that Mikado will be banning all users who are not paid up members in 2 weeks. Best get on it before you find yourself cut off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Adios, Mikado. It was nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I thought it was free. Is it a society run thing?

it's a society, aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭verbatim

Its a soc, but they have had to change the membership rules due to some "problems", thus you must be a paid up member to view or post on the boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

verbatim wrote:
    Best get on it before you find yourself cut off.
    Woah where did I leave my money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

verbatim wrote:
    Its a soc, but they have had to change the membership rules due to some "problems", thus you must be a paid up member to view or post on the boards.

Understatement of the year :D Current students and NUIM alumni can become members.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Meh, I can't be arsed. I don't use it, let them delete my account. Boards FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Seriously, who would want to pay to go on Mikado??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Some of us would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

"Some"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Judging by how dead this forum has become since Mikado went back online a lot of people are using Mikado. It will be interesting to see how many come back to boards.ie if Mikado does shut down accounts that haven't been paid up.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Well, I've been banned because I don't see the point in paying for membership anymore.

Mikado isn't as attractive as it used to be. :eek:

I thought it was alright it when I first started college in Maynooth but I definitely didn't get in to it as much as most people on there seemed to, majority of the gang on there aren't my kind of people....but some very sound people on there too....

Do you have to pay to just view it too? Do any other college forums charge their students to post on their sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Yeah, unfortunatly the college have gotten very strict with it, and only members can now view the boards, so yeah, gotta be paid up.

nothing wrote:
    Yeah, unfortunatly the college have gotten very strict with it, and only members can now view the boards, so yeah, gotta be paid up.

Bit over the top though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 I shot...

trekkypj wrote:
    Well, I've been banned because I don't see the point in paying for membership anymore.

Mikado isn't as attractive as it used to be. :eek:

truth.

I loved mikado, i really did, but LS&B has thought me that love can fade.

Now i'm banned.

Sad but meh.

Advertisement